best headshops in nyc?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by DECO, Jul 28, 2010.

1. i'm going to nyc (manhattan mostly) soon and feel like there are probably a lot of good shops there.

can anyone point me in a good direction?

2. go on 8th avenue around 42nd to 60th street. walk up and down and you will find a few decent ones.

3. Headin to Hertel

• (716) 873-2573
    1251 Hertel Ave, Buffalo, NY

4. Really? No one has said it? I'm gonna have to? Ah alright
    Go to NY Gifts, it's the BEST shop in all of nyc. It's on 375 6th avenue and Waverly place(just below 8th street) it's right around the corner from the west 8th street exit of the West 4th street subway station.

5. Ahahah I saw the title and I was like "I'm going to post NY Gifts," ...

He's right, by far the best. I've been to Blue Nile, tons in St. Marks, and NY Gifts. NY Gifts has the biggest selection and the best prices, they don't try to rip you off like other stores.

6. ^ another agreement with those 2...NY gifts and Blue Nile both great and absolutely authentic roors, etc. Tons of fake roors all around NYC but those are both authorized resellers of great brands like those.

7. yeah NY gifts, don't even bother with the other shops

8. My fav shop for GOOD glass is Addiction Ink on St. Mark's.

9. You haven't been to NY Gifts if you think Addiction Ink/Addicted NYC is any good. NY Gifts has a much better selection, Addiction Ink has more no name stuff, and everything at Addiction is much more expensive. I went in and asked about a Medicali bubbler, and they said it wen't for around $50 more then the normal price.

10. I know it isnt in NYC... but what about Gotham? I live a little north of the city, and go to LI alot during the week. Which is better, in your opinion? gotham or NY gifts?

11. Different. I think Gotham has more custom/headie/really limited stuff then NY Gifts

12. Gotham is about on par with NY Gifts I think

13. True I havn't been there yet, Im gonna stop by this afternoon:hello:

Oh and Gotham is ILL.

If you guys are ever in Suffolk county, make sure you check out East West in Ronkonkoma. Right now they have 20 % off all glass :D

14. amazing...thanks for all the replies, i'm going to check out as much as possible

15. If you want the best in Manhattan look no further than NY Gifts. If your out on long island Gotham would be your best bet.

16. Just agreeing with everyone here. New York Gifts, The Smoking Shop, and Blue Nile. Read around because the more info you know about the item your buying the better deal you will be able to get. These shops will bargain.

17. this. they are by far the best shops. all the other ones will lure you in with thir immense size **cough cough addiction/shisha international cough cough** but in fact they have nothing more than fake roors and china glass to offer.

18. I talked to the owner of addiction and almost landed a job at one of his shops... then I noticed all the fake Roors. Needless to say I have yet to step into another one of his dishonest establishments. Boycott Iggy and Addiction Ink!!!! Lets hit him where it hurts-his wallet!

19. near washington square park there are two sweet headshops right next to each other with all kinds of equipment (pipes, bongs, vapes, herbal blends, salvia, no2 cannisters, etc.) i wish i could remember the name of the street right now but i'm too high lol. does anyone know what i'm talking about? ots right near nyu?