best for blooming-hortilux super hps or super blue?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Odin420, Aug 21, 2011.

1. hi, i was wondering if anyone out there has tried blooming under the hortilux super blue rather than the hortilux super hps, i use the hortilux super blue to grow, and the hortilux super hps for blooming, but which bulb works best for blooming? i can only use 1 bulb at a time, both 1000w.

thanks

2. I'd probably use the super blue. More spectrum. Never used hortilux, so not sure about those two specific bulbs.

But for instance, a bud grown under a MH will be frostier than one grown under HPS - this is due to the color spectrum I believe. I'd use the blue and get the best of both worlds.

3. This is pretty obvious stuff but check out this link on using the RIGHT spectrum for different stages of cannabis growth. It clearly shows that for the vegetative state your plant demands more blue spectrum, but for flowering your plant will demand more red spectrum. If denied the red spectrum during flowering your yield will decrease. Thats why when flowering its good to have an HPS bulb that has a wider color spectrum, but still has more red. Then you can truly get the best of both worlds.

Marijuana Grow Lights Review - LED grow lighting, High Pressure Sodium (HPS), Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFL) and HID weed lighting kits. 1000 watt, 600 watt, 400 watt, 300watt, 250 watt, 90 watt.

4. thats what ive been doing, MH for veg and HPS for bloom, i like the hortilux because the HPS has blue in it like the MH but the hortilux blue is so blue, i was thinking what if i bloomed with it instead of the yellow HPS, more yield?, less yield?, better quality? just wondering if anyone has actual tried both and can tell which is better for blooming, i read long ago yields are higher with the HPS which is why i use it for blooming.

5. im trying to cut down the stretch of my plants in flower and even when i used b-52 the first 2 weeks the plants stretched more than i wanted. i remember a while ago people talking about blueish light keeps your plants shorter so do you think switching bulbs to a super blue 1000 watt will cut down the stretch? im currently using a regular hortilux super hps.