Best fertilizer to use and when to start using it?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RealEyesRealizeRealLies, Nov 11, 2008.

1. I have miracle grow all purpose plant food (24-8-16) and I want to know if it will be usefull enough? It says to mix 1/2 teaspoon per 2 quarts of water and apply every two weeks. Should I follow these directions? And when should I start using the fertilizer? I have 5 plants and they have just sprouted a couple days ago. (approximately 1 week into my grow)

2. Personally, I would stay away from Miracle Grow. But then again, ive never used it so I cant say its shit from personal experience.

I know from reading a lot of posts here that that stuff is crap. Just read up on it, and give yourself other options.

This is a great place for info, and resources. Check into other nutrients. IMHO :smoke:

Peace and Love:metal:

3. Rand is right, that stuff is crap but you can get away with using it.

Do not go by the directions. Dilute to 25% at least, because the N value is really high and can cause salt build up. If the leaves start getting discolored then flush the pots out with fresh water and dilute your mix a bit more next time.

I don't know what soil type you are using but most of the time the soil has nutes in there that the plant can use for the first month or so without adding anything.

If I were you :D, I would post some pics of your plants and when they start to look like they need the nutes someone will tell you.

4. #4 Anony, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
    Copy and pasting the exact same post into 3 different categories in the growing section is frowned upon. I have deleted your two other threads, please do not do this in the future.
    Also, your question is very common as I am sure your aware, please use the search button or read the stickies posted in any of the sections before making such a post.
    Thank you.