Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best example of a person helped by medical marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by noviceGrower420, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Doing a speech tommorow, wanted to use a specific example ( person) for my speech. Any thoughts?

2. Since I can't help, ill keep you occupied while others gather links/info.

What's the speech for? How long does it have to be? Who's your audience?

3. My wife has Trigeminal neuralgia which is also know as " The Suicide Disease".

Narcotic pain medicines barely touch the stabbing, burning electric jolt like pain that shocks any one of the three trigeminal nerves in her face. She also has MS, which pales in comparison to TN. She gets her best relief from marijuana based tinctures and oils that she ingests, while smoking and/or vaporizing helps with breakthrough pain.

I truly believe that without medical MJ, she would have considered suicide. While it doesn't completely eliminate the pain, it definitely helps give her the ability to cope with it.

If she keeps up with her tincture doses the tics (that is what the pain episode is called medically) are almost unnoticeable, and along with smoking/vaping she has been able to manage it.

There are really no good (and/or affordable) Rx meds for neurological pain. MJ has been a Godsend for us. That's our story and I hope it is helpful to you. If you'd like additional info, feel free to PM me.

chunk

4. Holy fuck, Chunk. That's incredibly horrible to hear. So glad she's got you by her side and also glad she found a drug that works for her

5. Holy shit, TN? That's... fucking awful. I'm so sorry. :( It's amazing what marijuana can do though. Honestly it is.

It's stories like this that breaks my heart with how the government is treating this wonder-herb. It breaks my heart to think of how *I* thought about it as well. I was always one of the skeptics and huge anti-drug people. And then I tried it. And it helped MY chronic pain. It's miraculous. I can't even begin to say how thankful I am for this herb.

I'm glad that she was able to find something to help make the pain manageable. Good for you both.