Best earbuds for under $200

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Smotpoking, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Alright I need some good earbuds for $200 or less, my two requirements are durable (i want them to last for a long time/ or a really good warranty) and good sound quality, also if your a dumbass who thinks beats and Bose are good, please gtfo.

2. Philips the stretch are really good and very durable.

3. Beats by dr. Dre . Pretty sweet and the cord doesnt tangle.has a mic and volume controller. Plus some other cool stuff and thy look cool.

4. #5 Smotpoking, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I know $50 headphones that have better sound quality than beats and beats break really quickly

5. #6 So_savage420, Aug 26, 2011
    I believe it , always those expensive mainstream products that suck the most, but Bose is where it's at my parents have speakers for outside that are Bose and they are perfect

6. The $99 Bose ones. I love them.

7. dude, why not get some cans ? you get wayyy better sound quality with a decent pair of cans than buds, plus they feel WAYY more embrasive..if you know what i mean

8. #9 Smotpoking, Aug 26, 2011
    I need them for on the go, I mean if I could find some portable ones than I'd buy those. And I'm not buying Bose, the Bose iems break very quickly and unless you want supreme noise canceling you can get better headphones for less.

9. Look up the Sennheiser CX 880 earbuds. They are about a $100 and are some solid buds. They're also noise cancelling.

AKG also makes some solid ones as well.

10. #11 Smotpoking, Aug 26, 2011
    I know akg makes some good cans but I don't think they have any earbuds.

11. They do.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K390NC-Cancelling-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B002PU9OS2]Amazon.com: AKG K390NC Noise Cancelling In-Ear Headphones with Inline Microphone (Black): Electronics[/ame]

Those are what I was thinking

12. Klipsch Image s4's

Seriously great pair of buds. My only concern with them is the build quality. They're made out of plastic, and are super light. I have had them for 2 years however, and they're still going strong. They come with a whole bunch of ear-tip replacements, so finding the proper fit is no problem. I personally enjoy the foam tips.

They cost about 70 bucks, and have awesome sound quality. They without a doubt rival anything Monster or Bose can make.

13. #14 Smotpoking, Aug 28, 2011
    Thanks dude, one question is it the s4 or the s4i? I've also read some negative reviews in amazon

14. Dr Dre their so awesome perfect balance not too much bass and their high quality wont worry about them breaking i highly recommend and they look fresh peace.

Attached Files:

15. I have the s4. I think the only difference between the two is the s4i has the smartphone controls or whatever

I think the few negative reviews on Amazon come down to: people who don't know what they're talking about, and people who work for other competitors. That's the feeling I always get when reading reviews on Amazon.

Cnet.com is a far better place to check out reviews.

16. And highfi is good too the headphones snobs give you insight into what faults exist.

17. Update: I think I'm going to get the thinksound ts02 I've heard nothing but good about these and for $80 I can't complain. I will update Whenever I get them but I'm not going to order them until I get paid in two weeks.

18. Dre Beats by far!

19. people who are recommending beats.. have you tried any other brands other than Dr. Dre? I mean really, there are ear buds that are worlds cheaper than beats that offer much better quality and durability.