best drug for anxiety?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by HighHaze, Aug 10, 2009.

1. i record music in my guys studio and just wanted to know what do you guys think the best drug would be to relieve anxiety?

when im home practicing my verses to record it is perfect to the tee, but when im recording it at the studio it doesnt come out as natural as i would like it to and i think i get a little anxious. I know that many big artists like michael jackson were under the influence when they record their songs, but i wonder under the influence of what?

i feel that weed can be a hit or miss sometimes....it could make me even more anxious while recording.

im thinkin about takin a hit of LSD before my next session but i just hope that it would work and not make me confused :confused:

the other thing is that i drive over there so if i did go under the influence of drugs i would have to take a taxi because im not down with driving under the influence of anything besides marijuana.

2. Try just a regular dose of a benzo.

3. Try some xanax, or any benzo really.

4. take a couple shots o vodka

5. Xanax or adavin

6. i like xanax and klonopin for my anxiety. everyone is different though.

7. #7 gloppypop, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    Same here, xanax and klonopin.

I think xanax is the best for anxiety, for me, although it makes me more tired and likely to blackout as opposed to klonopin.

8. LSD will not make anxiety better, it could make worse, much worse.

You should definitely try some benzos like everyone has mentioned above. More specifically, Ativan (Lorazapam), Xanax (Alprazolam), Klonopin (Clonazepam) or Valium (Diazepam).

9. #9 bigwill2010, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    Do not take LSD for anxiety.
    It will make it worse. That's like saying "I'm gonna smoke some meth because I can't sleep."
    I'm pretty sure it would have the opposite effect from what you are seeking.

I have anxiety that sounds similar to yours (mine is mostly social anxiety; I get anxious and panicked when I'm around others).
    I'll put my experiences here (but these are just mine, your mileage may vary):

Buspirone (Buspar) - Not a benzo, and didn't really relieve my anxiety. But taking this once you feel an ecstasy crash will bring your ex high right back up. I don't know why, but I know that it definitely works.
    Xanax (Alprazolam) - relieved my anxiety, but I was very tired, slurred my words (bad for a musician), and don't remember much above a dose of 1.5mg.
    Ativan (Lorazepam) - I remember nothing above 4mg. On a normal dose, this worked well to relieve my anxiety. Probably 2nd best.
    Clonazepam (Klonopin) - Worked wonders for my anxiety. I was a bit uninhibited and a little drowsy, but it was, IMO, the best benzo for anxiety.
    Diazepam (Valium) - This and Alprazolam are tied in 1st for the most euphoric, but this one makes me quite tired.
    Temazepam (Restoril) - This made me wayyyyyyy too tired to be in public. I looked like I hadn't slept for weeks. This works well as a sleep aid, but it's not good as an anxiety medicine. Although it is good for recreational use.
    Flunitrazepam (Rohyphnol) - I remember nothing. This one is illegal, so it doesn't really matter.
    Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) - works well for anxiety, I had no euphoria from this benzo, but I did get very tired.

I've tried others, but these are the ones that are most prescribed.
    If you wanna ask about any others, you can PM me. I don't think there is a benzo I haven't tried.
    I hope this helps. Good luck finding one that works for you.

10. dude... DO NOT TAKE LSD FOR ANXIETY!
    ive never done it but my buddies say coke puts you on your "A" game.
    its not for me but if your down give it a shot

11. well i suggested LSD because when im listening to music on it im IN THE ZONE and am far from anxious. maybe if im in the zone enough i'll forget that im even recording and just let it all out....im not too familiar with all of these pills and shit cuz i usually stick to psychedelics, but i mean i'll probably do it once just to see how it affects me.

12. Suggestion:

Take adderall for anxiety.

That would DEFINITELY cure any performance anxiety.

13. small amount of Xanax, K-pins, Alcohol, weed, or go all out and get stoned or drop some e. Doses sounds good to me too.

14. I don't really agree with you guys saying not to take LSD for anxiety.

Now yeah if you're really anxious that's not a good time for acid, and you should try a benzo for daily relief (when needed).

I found after trying acid a few times I became a much less anxious person overall. Mushrooms also seem to have helped.

That's my experience.

15. yeah x2 that.

16. i try to stay with the psycs too... though that and meditation ive nearly purged myself of anxiety and stress... so maybe try some deep breathing to help with your anxiety.