Best Dog Breed?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Feathertop_2064, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Depends entirely on your lifestyle.

Do way more research than a forum post! This place is full of idiots with strong opinions :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  2. One of my dealer friends has a pomeranian. It's a really nice dog. She hardly ever barks; just kinda sits around smiling at us. It behaves almost like a friendly, sociable cat. My friend lives in an apartment too, and the dog seems really happy there. Another plus is that the dog is very small (not much bigger than a cat) so he doesn't have to spend so much money to feed it.It eats nowhere near as much food as bigger dogs like pitbulls or German shepherds do.

upload_2016-7-18_21-15-50.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. irish setters are pretty cool. i got one a few months ago and i am enjoying her.

4. A dog breed that doesn't judge and loves me?
    I don't think i have ever came across a dog that judges and doesn't love lol

That's a human problem.

5. Op have you ever owned a dog before?
    With a new baby on the way it might be a smart idea to hold off
    People tend to mistreat or ignore their dog when the baby arrives and fido will get jealous
    It's a pain in the ass to bring a baby into the home , the dogs tend to see it as invasion of their space.
    Once the dog shows any signs that it might hurt the baby out it goes.
    My suggestion to you is hold off on the pooch and focus on the baby.

6. Doberman or Lab

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. None. As mixed and mut as possible. I'll pass on getting a dog with tens of years of inbreeding in its lineage

8. BASSETT HOUND
    Basset Hound Dog Breed Information

just make sure you keep your new puppy indoors until it gets 3 sets of shots. last time i lived in an appartment one of my puppies caught distemper and he only had his first set of shits

9. I used to have a yellow lab, so im very biased towards them.

10. Germans make the best cars and the best dogs.

German Shepherd is the greatest dog on earth bar none. Excellent at everything it does and the best at some things. Nothing compares as Sinead would say.

11. i got some german shorthair pointers and they do seem to be a step above my beagles as far as intellegence and all. i wouldnt say they are beter then the beagles cause i love them all but i can see why "german" enginering is one of the best in the world

• Like Like x 1
  12. GSP huh? That's so exciting, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

Its not just them also the schnauzer breeds and Rottweilers. German dogs kick ass.

The only dog that comes close is the Belgian Shepherd. The English border collie is by far they smartest dog on earth but they lack the size for defence and attack work.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. yea i love gsp's they are great dogs. smart. beautiful. great for the family. gentle leaders. i think they are far superior and will stand up against pretty much any other dog most people here have. kick golden retrievers ass any day of the week
    .mine has assumed control and alpha status over all my other dogs, it took a little fighting but he does a good job keeping everyone in check. this isnt him but a general idea how he looks. sad story how i got him though maybe ill end up sharing it in a post eventually

Attached Files:

• gsp.jpg
      gsp.jpg
      File size:
      12.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lol golden retrievers are faggots.

He's a real beauty mate. They look very much like bigger version of cocker spaniels. Great gun dogs, and sniffer dogs.

15. There isn't 1 best breed. I've had several good breeds over my lifetime and mixed muts. 1 of my most missed and beloved dogs was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Thier strip of fur along their spines lay forwards while the rest of their fur lays towards their tail as normal. Almost like it had a Mohawk. It's temperament made it a perfect family dog and best friend. He went everywhere with me, without issue. Even though he passed years ago people still ask about him.

16. Ridge backs are spina bifida dogs. Shit genetics, bred with a recessive gene on purpose. People who buy those dogs are cruel and just want a fashion accessory. They have been bred for a life of misery.

17. yea they love birds. they will sit in the yard all day and watch the birds fly around. one of them caught a rat the other day and she was so proud of herself. she carried it around with her for two days lol i had to toss it in the woods it started to smell

18. i flipped some ridgebacks a couple times. we did pretty good with them as far profit goes. i didnt really like them because they have alot of genetic disorders and can have problems when they get older. its one thing making money off of what i did, but i wouldnt want to resell a dog that i knew would have problems in the future. its not fair to the people paying top dollar for my dogs. people still want them though. we sold them them quick.
    but they are pretty badass looking dogs. i thought the ridge was pretty cool. and they are freaking hugeass dogs

19. Hate it when mine get rats veils disease is a real prospect in my country. Cats too, because there is always some tree hugger who kicks off about it.

My dog loves to hunt, even at the age of ten he's still a good enough stalker to catch birds and fast enough to pull down larger animals. I don't encourage it anymore he just likes to do his thing. Fine genetics, not like these dogs bred with the most horrible defects. The Bitch is useless though, she will go after anything but she hasn't got the prey drive and prefers to track.

20. They are big dogs but don't have anything to back it up. Any dog above the size of a poodle that is healthy could take one down as they are thick as pig shit.

When my dog dies I've decided to have a break from GSDs. We don't have the need for guard dogs where we are now so I will probably get a couple of mini schnauzers to take ratting.