Best deal for MH/HPS system

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ebcrew, Jan 28, 2015.

1. I am just wondering the best places online to get a HPS/MH sysyem.

My budget is $300 but ive found systems before for around $150.

Thanks in advance.

2. That depends on the hood, the ballasts, and the bulbs.  I would suggest shopping Ebay for mist of it.  You may not buy everything from Ebay, but at least it will give you solid budget numbers.

3. What size are you looking for?. 1 of my lights is an Apollo kit from lowballer who sells on eBay. Its ran great for a cheaper light, for several years now. Its actually a hand me down from a friend. I think 600 watts go for around $175 I believe. 400 are around $150 or so. I have replaced the bulbs with hortilux brand bulbs, but Apollo bulbs will do the trick too. From there, the skies the limit on quality and price. EBay or amazon has a wide variety of brands. As far as cheaper brands go I personally think Apollo is a good starting point. I keep saying I'll upgrade, but as long as its working and I keep replacing the bulbs with a quality brand, I'll probably run it till its done.

4. #4 touchmynugs2times, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    What's all your opinions on my stuff.... Does it make any difference having an open ballast ? And is the brand of bulb any good, I also have a 400w hps bulb for it ?
    Iv only used it for getting a head start on all my outdoors and it did okay just wondering if anyone has info on it and ill be using them soon to start some mothers

Also I don't have a hood for it , so what's good options for DIY hoods?

Party at my house

Attached Files:

5. How do I start up a four to six plant area.
    How much is lighting and how big of area is needed?
    Can plant not have to be removed
    Start over again each time. Can plant be kept growing just cut when ready? Keep growing forever?

<《¤》>

6. #6 Ebcrew, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    Im looking for 400-1000w it all depends on the price.

Ive seen somewhere a 1000w for 200 dollars but i forget where i saw it. It had an cool down fan and all.

7. #7 RedganjaDown, Jan 29, 2015
    I've read many posts about the 600w being the one to go for. It can grow 4 plants very nicely. I've had my eBay, wing bat reflector set up for 2+ years and it's still working great. I did upgrade to Ushio Red and Blue bulbs, which I immediately noticed a beer light from. The original bulbs starting getting arc spots on them. The Ushio are a bit pricey, but had many great reviews on Amazon.

Can you point me in the right direction on eBay, ive never bought anything on it.

9. #9 Mad_Prophessor, Jan 29, 2015
  10. Anyone know if this is any good ?

Party at my house

11. #11 Emma & Dave, Jan 29, 2015

12. #12 RedganjaDown, Jan 29, 2015
    Yes, I can, but answer two ? first; What online retailers have you used and what continent are you on? That would simplify things.

13. #13 RedganjaDown, Jan 29, 2015
    From US, im familiar with most retailers except for eBay.