Best curing idea ever maybe?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Ford, Nov 28, 2011.

1. #1 Ford, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    The object of this is TOO ONLY REGENERATE THE SMELL OF YOUR BUD

This is a theory of mine. You know how you grind a nug up and immediately you smell the dankness? Well grind up a nugget out of your jar after your weed is dried to your liking place the ground up weed back into the jar seal it off for a week or two and ta da your dank smell should consume that grassy smell

Side note. This is only for personal liking only, to bring in the natural smell of your weed back.

2. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't understand a dang thing you said, let alone what your point is.

I'm always interested in learning better ways to cure, so I was excited by your title. Admittedly disappointed by the content. I'll dismiss this post as you being high. Imgine that, someone on these forums posting while high!?

If you come up with a great idea that actually works for you, I'd love to hear it.

3. [quote name='"Original Past"']I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't understand a dang thing you said, let alone what your point is.

I'm always interested in learning better ways to cure, so I was excited by your title. Admittedly disappointed by the content. I'll dismiss this post as you being high. Imgine that, someone on these forums posting while high!?

If you come up with a great idea that actually works for you, I'd love to hear it.[/quote]

actually drunk IM on a t-break let me edit it for easier understanding

4. Ah, drinking and texting! What's a t-break? OK, now I understand what you're trying to accomplish. I love the smell of some freshly ground buds!

Not to rain on your parade, but the smell is actually a result of a chemical reaction in the breakdown of the chlorophyl, absorption of sugars, maturity of essential oils and other things that I'm not fully understanding of at this moment. Unfortunately, I don't think that you can take the smell from some weed, and add it to the other weed, and make it actually stick Yes, you can influence the overall smell a little, for a short time, but this won't make it or dank it. If this were possible, Advanced Nutrients would be selling bottled skunk essence to spray on your buds.

The actual smell comes from the chemicals (terpenes) inside the resin, or trichomes that the plant extrudes. An attempt to "add" scent to this will be like spraying Lysol after taking a dump. It only ends up smelling like lemons AND shite.

5. [quote name='"Original Past"']Ah, drinking and texting! What's a t-break? OK, now I understand what you're trying to accomplish. I love the smell of some freshly ground buds!

Not to rain on your parade, but the smell is actually a result of a chemical reaction in the breakdown of the chlorophyl, absorption of sugars, maturity of essential oils and other things that I'm not fully understanding of at this moment. Unfortunately, I don't think that you can take the smell from some weed, and add it to the other weed, and make it actually stick Yes, you can influence the overall smell a little, for a short time, but this won't make it or dank it. If this were possible, Advanced Nutrients would be selling bottled skunk essence to spray on your buds.

The actual smell comes from the chemicals (terpenes) inside the resin, or trichomes that the plant extrudes. An attempt to "add" scent to this will be like spraying Lysol after taking a dump. It only ends up smelling like lemons AND shite.[/quote]

a t break is a tolerance break so even I smoke again I will get high as fuck like I used to I'm about to test my theory and I will get back to the thread in a week or so this is just a theory I came up with lol maybe it will be a success or epic fail who knows

6. I've tried. It doesn't work. But good idea.

7. The reason its dank smelling is because you just increased the surface area for smelly stuff to come off. If you grind all your herb up and store it ground, itll smell DANK for sure. But, its just cheating yourself. That smell wont be absorbed by any other nugs, and it just the smell of the ground bud. If you do this, primarily to just feel good about your bud each time you open the jar, I'd be careful opening the jar. If its not airtight, you'll lose moisture FAST and smell goes away fast. If its airtight, don't be burping it too much.

8. [quote name='"1sttimegrower"']The reason its dank smelling is because you just increased the surface area for smelly stuff to come off. If you grind all your herb up and store it ground, itll smell DANK for sure. But, its just cheating yourself. That smell wont be absorbed by any other nugs, and it just the smell of the ground bud. If you do this, primarily to just feel good about your bud each time you open the jar, I'd be careful opening the jar. If its not airtight, you'll lose moisture FAST and smell goes away fast. If its airtight, don't be burping it too much.[/quote]

I just ground up maybe a .5 nug and it totally works I am done with the burping process a while back

9. if you isolate the ground from the normal, the regular buds smell as dank as the normal?

10. [quote name='"1sttimegrower"']if you isolate the ground from the normal, the regular buds smell as dank as the normal?[/quote]

The buds just inhabit the natural smell I don't agree that IM cheating myself because its the natural smell I'm just enhancing it with the same strain just ground up you know. But I have my own opinions I think this idea is genius but simple. I see the hate coming already

11. Some people have taken the same strain...from a previous harvest, and stuck it in with the stuff curing.
    I have heard this helps with the smell....but never bothered to try it.

SignSmoker

12. Dunno how that'd work except like the OP's idea by bringing a new dank smell into the jar to strengthen the buds in there already.
    I know you can take bud of the same strain that are freshly cut to put into jars containing already curing bud for like 5 minutes to strengthen the smell if they have gotten overdry and lost it. I was using leaves also, but buds are so much better haha.

13. This idea definitely works. I now enjoy smelling my weed.

14. Imo the Ops Idea will work because the Cannaboids on the outside of the buds are oil based
    and Oil/fat will hold aroma for sometime

Ever touched somthing nasty wiped your hands clean, or washed with water only to find that nasty smell still lingers?

yeah well thats because your skin has an oily residue on its surface.

the same applys with Orange peel or an example. if you put some orange peel in with some bud the bud will have a nice citris smell to it.

So if you grind one of your buds, then the buds should smell danker so to speak.

15. Bro...you have no clue what you're preaching. Most everything you said was incorrect.

16. care to elaborate
    'bro'

17. OK so this works I have proven it not through text but experiment. I removed the buds from the jar and placed into another one, and they hold the smell and it's delicious.. Enjoy guys

18. Sure thing. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time. We shall go through one by one.

First off, the outside of the buds have the lowest level of cannabinoids and oils. So there's number one. Number two, if you put an orange peel in with buds it WILL NOT have a nice citris smell, I can guarantee you just heard that somewhere and decided to throw it into your post, it will make your buds too moist and lose all smell. Third, when you grind up buds it will release the smells because the terpenes and oils are of higher concentration inside the bud. However, from grinding up the buds you will release these turpenes a lot fast and your buds will dry out much quicker. In no way shape or form will the oils from your shake, rub off onto your buds. Sorry man, don't preach something you're pulling out of your ass, or someone will call you out.

19. #19 Juicysteak, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    Ok here is where you messed up.
    i never said the outside had a mass amounts of oils, but despite this
    it has an oily/sticky surface and will keep aroma.

and no i did not just hear this orange peel thorey and pull it out my ass for the sake of fourm post.
    it comes with experience. and it will no way make the buds too moist or lose all smell, like you said, the only way it can be too moist is if you leave the peels in their for longer than neccesery.

also you said, that ground up buds oils will not rub off onto your hands.
    Lol?
    If you pick up weed and rub it in your fingers for a short while that shit will stick to you and make your fingers smell like weed.

it sounds to me that you really need to think about what your saying before you tell others they are as you put.

''Pulling out of their ass''

20. Lol...first things first. Orange peels will not make your buds taste like oranges, and the only purpose they have is for OVERLY dried bud to get a little more moisture so that it is smokable. Second, read my post better....

So I really wasn't wrong on anything. No need to get so angry here, when you tell me orange peels are going to make my buds smell like oranges I feel I need to knock some sense into you.