Best covering material ?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Hi&cold, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Planning on building a semi cold frame/greenhouse shortly. At this point I will use rolled poly sheeting. In a couple years, or whatever, I hope to use something more permanent. Question: Can I use the cheap rolled poly at the local Home depot, or should I go UV protected greenhouse material, at much more money? What is a reasonable expectation of life for both? I am in CO. at about 8,000 feet. Thanks for any and all thoughts.

2. just me but i would go uv protected..lasts much longer

3. why in the hell is your state so damn exspensive on houseing?...goddamn you would have to be rich or be makeing 50.00 a hour just to live there

4. I would go with 6 mil, infra red, anti condensate poly. Call a horticultural supplier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

5. lol..were im at $40 an hr is the avg. I try to avg $60 ish and only work 4 hrs a day, 4 days a week (on avg).
    Lifes to short to spend it workin.

• Like Like x 1
  6. and yep..UV resistant. be careful fitting as the UV side must be on the outside. Should last decades.

7. Greenhouse poly is rated for 4 years.... maybe you can stretch it to 8 if you don't get hail or an ice storm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

8. ive never used the green house poly.

I have Laserlite on my deck roof (its about 20 years old) and was going to use it for my greenhouse roof. Warranty is = 15 years loss of light transmission & 10 year hail damage.

FAQ | LaserLite

• Like Like x 1