Best convection vape on the market?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by FloaterDork, Jun 13, 2017.

1. What do you feel is the best 100% convection vape currently on the market and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Can't say what the best vape is, haven't tried them all but my fav remains E-Nano. Simple, efficient and reliable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. the da buddha, for incredible looks and modability, price, bucket size(bucket/heater cover style variations), and for its ease of use, its durability.

Only downside to the buddha is 7th floor sells the wand way too high. 20$ + 20$ shipping. I get them from a glassware company, they are 19 ground glass joints and i pay between 50cents and $2.50 per wand (shipping for 10 wands is less than what 7 floor charges to ship 1 wand on the site i ordered mine)

id learn glass blowing if i had the equipment just to make my own custom glass ware for it...

4. Been rockin' my LSV for almost 8 years and my MiniVap for about 4 years........both full convection vapes. They both do everything so right that I have no desire to look for any other home vape.......

I keep track of all the new vapes that come to market but none of them show me that they have anything over what I currently have, and in most cases, they don't compare.

Does that make the LSV and the MV the best convection vapes on the market? For me............they are.

5. i think the LSV, DBV, SSV, SuperSSV must all be great equal vapes although i think the DBV is the best bang for your buck

6. Is Da Buddha considered full convection? I thought they worked in a similar way to Arizers.

7. #7 cochiseg, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    not sure what do you mean by full convection? the weed is getting heated by hot air however if the bucket itself gets hot (probly at least 0over 200F if left plugge)_maybe thats a bit of conduction????

from what i read conduction vapes are mostly portables... but the da buddha is definitely a convection vape. You can play with the air temp in two stages if you put a plate on top of the unit, the air will heat up inside the casing too and youll be able to use a lower temp on the element, and the buddha keeps about 600ml of air rather hot ready to go into the heater cover, get heated some more by the ceramic candle and pass on the weed, bringing all the goodness with it

8. For me its my E-Nano for the desktop. Its tiny for a desktop but packs a punch, and stows away nicely.

For my portable, for battery powered, the Firewood 4. For butane power, The Hammer. I've been rockin' The Hammer recently and really been enjoying the butane power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Full convection. It only heats your herbs when you draw through the whip. No fan assist as can be had with the Arizer Extreme.

10. But the tubes get hot enough to cause conduction. Even without a fan, it's gonna produce vapor whether or not you're drawing on it once the glass heats up. The same argument could be made for a Vapor Brothers. You're just pulling hot air over the herb. But it only takes the glass a minute or two to for the glass to catch up with the heating element that it's directly attached to.

11. #11 cochiseg, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    i dont think it does conduction vapor as i forgot weed in the bucket with the vape heated on sometimes for half an hour at least... i only get a slight decarb smell after a few minutes but it stays green and doesnt seem to lose potency...

how ever, if you limit convection vapes to those where the bucket wont get heated up a bit, well the buddha can be used just like that too, you plug the bucket, puff and unplug. The outside glass might get warm but not hot enough to burn you or the weed... for a puff it takes me 20 seconds from loading to unplugging the weed doesnt have time to get hot from anything but hot air

i just verified and only the tip of the bucket gets really hot. im able to hold from the screens emplacement (a wand thats been plugged on "noon" heat for long enough to be fully heated) even right after unplugging it. so its probably not conducting enough for vapour to happen at the screen's level. The element is almost at 30mm from the load (if the load is under a mm thick), A full load (risky) would probably be more prone to a conductance effect as the distance could be under 10mm (standard buddha wands being about 25mm deep, you could be really close to the heat, however the heat would have to be much lower...)

also for perfect, precise air flow, use a waterfall bong. I think it also replicates the exact feel that using bags would give (beside the clumsyness of having to play with filling bottles by using a water recipient) For me at least, i vape darker with a lower temperature. Its just a matter of raising the bottle slow enough so that its not raising the water with it (and never lower down a plugged bottle that is still hooked, that would be like sitting on a bag your volcano is filling)
    gravityvaporbong.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Look into the Tubo-Evic tubo evic .

This vape has 100 convection heating and with no drawing through the cannabis the cannabis does not cook.

Very versatile 100% on demand convection. You get vapor from the first draw.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I prefer log style vapes myself so far as convection goes. Started vaping full time 6 years ago, but got my first log vape 4 years ago. At this point I own an E-Nano, Heat Island, and Underdog (though I've given the Underdog to a friend to use indefinitely).

I find logs are very easy to use, they are more or less just a fancy lighter. They are ultra conservative regarding how much bud they will use per session. Have amazing flavor. And most importantly make vaping very similar to smoking in that there's no whips, bags, or other weird apparatus. I can use all of my glassware I used to use when I still smoked. So the experience isn't so alien. I love a good vape bong hit!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sickman
    Whtz up buddy
    Question
    Is there a web site to see prices and such
    PM is fine brother
    Thanks
    Hope all is well and life is good
    Stiggy

15. now i may be commenting the thread you linked to, but like someone else i thought they looked like crap until i saw it painted XD

16. I'm a log vape man myself.... Haven't bought a Heat Island or UD yet, but like you I'm also an E-Nano user and swear by it. Funny you call it a fancy lighter lol. Thats basically all it is, just a manual heat source that you can use to apply heat to the load when you want to.
    I may get a UD one of these days, but been enjoying the E-Nano tremendously.

• Like Like x 1
  17. This looks super cool. Pretty much what I've been trying to accomplish with the various things that have come out for box mods for about 4 years. And being a big Magic Flight fan, I like the wood casing. But at the same time, I almost feel like I could build one myself with all the mod shit I have around. Though it's been 4 years and until I got a Pax I was never happy with a portable for anything but oil. And even for that, it's not like taking a dab with a hot nail imo.

18. I'd also be curious to know prices.

19. I thought that the enano used a small amount in a screen inside a glass tube? When you all refer to "using your glass" with it, are you just talking water filtration? Or can you actually use it to vape from a pipe the way you supposedly can with say the LSV?

20. And I'd say the reason that I haven't gone with a log vape at this point is because I got my first Vapor Brothers not long after the company came out(I'm on my 3rd. My first was one of the originals where you had to hold the whip in place. Hands free didn't exist.) I know a lot of people prefer glass tubes to silicone whips(hell I do too,) the way they work seems too similar to justify going and buying one.