Best Concert you've ever been to?

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by Lemmings009, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Saw Gov't Mule both nights at Mountain Jam two years back...Warren fuckin rocks.

Gogol Bordello brought down the fuckin house. Sooo much energy.

Honestly I can't even recall all the shows I've seen.

2. 3 nites of widespread panic in milwaukee last october, greatest weekend of my life actually.

other top shows, the dead w/ warren haynes at rothbury. i love warren to dude above^^/ i actually think the dead w/ haynes was far better than furthur

other top shows mite have been phil and friends and yonder shows.

3. Oh man, I hope sets at music festivals count. I saw Galactic play a 3 hour set and it blew my fucking mind.

4. I went saw Z-Ro in Dallas in February, shit was amazing.
    if your from Texas you can appreciate that, and if your not, you can probably still appreciate it lmao

5. It's between my first concert, which was Rush's 30 yea anniversary, and Dream Theater with Zappa Plays Zappa opening. Although Gwar on Halloween is up there too.

6. my fave was dual bill, les claypool & zappa plays zappa.

new year's eve at the war memorial opera house in san fran

great fucking show

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYaub5Y2gSI&feature=related]les claypool and zappa does zappa new years eve 2008 - YouTube[/ame]

7. DISTURBED !!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPbRT9nDF3A]Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists Live - YouTube[/ame]

8. Drowning Pool!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAFyi8hB2ns&feature=related]Drowning Pool - Bodies - Live Rock Am Ring (2002) - YouTube[/ame]

9. Pantera!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkFqg5wAuFk]Pantera - Walk (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

10. I have somewhat of a tie-Bouncing Souls at Pink Cadillac (which, sadly, no longer exists) in Honolulu when I was, like, 16 and Sigur Rós and the Hawaii Threatre.

The Bouncing Souls show is memorable to me because the venue was small and filled well over capacity. The collective body heat caused the room to fog. Consequently, it also became extremely hot-being ~16 and not fully understanding the value of proper hydration, I became quite nauseous. Immediately after their set, I ran downstairs and in the adjacent alley to throw-up. As I'm doubled-over, heaving behind a dumpster, I hear them start in on an encore. I kind-of mostly finished throwing up (there was a little bit left but I didn't let it stop me), and ran back inside. It was also the first time I crowd-surfed. The whole thing was just magical.

Sigur Rós was just a simply spectacular musical performance. My three friends and I sat in the top row of the threatre and listened to them jam for several hours. I also remember a gentlemen, who was clearly indulging in something much better than we, dancing and rolling around in the aisle throughout the entire show.

11. thought it was pretty cool when david draimen popped out in the middle of the crowd at disturbed.

but my all time favorite would have to be zac brown. snuck a joint in through my shoe, and had an amazing time.

12. 2009 Mayhem Fest was by far my favorite concert/festival I've been to.

Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer..

..what more could you ask for? :D

13. 1988
    Guns and Roses in Spokane WA.
    Amazing....Well, of course it was...It was GnR and I was 13 years old! Epic.:D

14. Madison in November, got my only black muddy river.

Otherwise all three String Cheese Incident shows at Electric Forest

15. Man,and here I was thinking there wasn't a way for Zappa's music to be any stranger. I have never gotten the chance to see Claypool. That's my biggest vacancy concert wise I have to fill. Don't care if it's Primus or not either, just really want to see Claypool.

16. Atmosphere concert in Boise last summer was definitely the best. I met Slug and got a picture with him, and I watched all the openers from the front row so I could be in front for Atmosphere. Such a good performance, so much energy, and just dope. Would go again in a heartbeat!

17. I have been to so many it is hard to say, but I think the most consistent one (where all the bands were great) would be

Atreyu
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Bless The Fall
    Avenged Seven Fold

Not a single dull moment that night.

18. I seen robby krieger and ray manzarek play a show in my town last year. They had a guy that looked like jim morrison singing. I had a good time and we passed joints around with everyone we met.

19. saw peter frampton a couple months back was the best show ive ever seen do you feel like we do blew my mind

20. [quote name='"MattSKAA"']I seen robby krieger and ray manzarek play a show in my town last year. They had a guy that looked like jim morrison singing. I had a good time and we passed joints around with everyone we met.[/quote]

I saw him play too a couple years ago at a music festival. I ate too much mushroom pizza and it freaked me out. Great show, but seeing fake Jim was a little to twilight zone for me.