Best Classic Rock Songs to Listen to while High

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by UsedWhale, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Hi GC, I need some help to collaborate some of the greatest Classic Rock songs into one single playlist. Any material that you could think of from the 60s or 70s to light up to would do just fine. Leppelin, Floyd, The Who etc. etc. (Or any other bands that you can think of, these are just some suggestions).

I'm looking for some good Southern Rock songs/bands also. If you're having trouble with the second part think about if it would fit in with the Joe Dirt Soundtrack (James Gang, Steve Miller Band... you get the picture).

Old stoners, new stoners who like to listen to old stoner music, or anyone inbetween... I ask you to use your vast experience in music of the toking variety to help me create an epic playlist THAT WILL SHAKE THE VERY FOUNDATIONS OF MY SPEAKERS!

2. Are you looking for more mainstream classic hits, or like hidden jems from famous artists???? Because I could go all day on either.Ill just post some of my essentials-

Trampled Under Foot, Over the Hills and Far Away, Since Ive Been Loving You, Achilles Last Stand, Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir, The Song Remains the Same, Babe Im Gonna Leave You, Dazed and Confused, Ramble On, All My Love- Zeppelin

Wish you were Here, Have A Cigar, All parts of Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Young Lust, Learning to Fly, Time, Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell, Brain Damage/Eclipse, Hey You, Money, SHeep, Great Gig In The Sky, - Pink Floyd

The Joker, Jet Airliner, Jungle Love,- Steve Miller Band

Aint talkin Bout Love, Unchained, Me Wise Magic, Runnin With the Devil, Panama, Why Cant this be Love, Jump, Dance The Night Away, The Cradle Will Rock, Janies Crying- Van Halen

Sunday Bloody Sunday- U2

Breakdown, Refugee, You Got Lucky, Runnin Down a Dream, Mary Janes Last Dance, American Girl, I Wont Back Down, - Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Sweet Emotion, Same Old Song and Dance, Dream On- Aerosmith

All Along the Watchtower, Visions of Johanna, Not Dark Yet, Im Not there(hard to find) Knockin On Heavens Door, Hurricane, Like A Rolling Stone, Tangled Up In Blue, I want you, - Bob Dylan

More Than A Feeling, Foreplay Long Time, Hitch a Ride, Smokin, Something About You, A Man Ill Never Be, Amanda- Boston

Born To Run, Born In the USA, Glory Days- Springsteen

The Boys of Summer, Last Worthless Evening, Heart of The Matter- Don Henley

One of These Nights, Hotel California, Take It Easy, Tequila Sunrise- Eagles

In The City, Lifes Been Good, Rocky Mountain Way, Life of Allusion, Turn to Stone- Joe Walsh

Tears In Heaven, Layla, Wonderful Tonight, - Eric Clapton

Dreams, Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way- Fleetwood Mac

Sweet Child of Mine, Dont You Cry Tonight, Civil War, Patience, Mr. Brownstone, Welcome To the Jungle, Paradise City, October Rain- Guns N Roses

Purple Haze, Hey Joe, All Along the Watchtower, Fire, Angel, Little Wing, Wind Cries Mary, Foxey Lady, Voodoo Child, Gypsy Eyes, Are You Experienced?, - Jimi Hendrix

Roxeanne, Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, Dont stand So Close To me, So Lonely- The Police

Subdivisions, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Working Man, Closer To the Heart - Rush

Im A fool to Do your Dirty Work, Do it Again, Dont Lose That Number, Reelin In The
    Years, Hey Nineteen- Steely Dan

Those are some songs that everyone probably knows.

3. RUSH/end everything.

4. heartbreaker-led zeppelin

5. And yes I know that most of those bands werent from the 60s-70s. I was just simply listing the kind of stuff that comes on Classic Rock radio now a days.

If 60's is really what your looking for, check out The 13th Floor Elevators. Basically pioneered the sound and style that made Led Zeppelin famous in their early years,

Check out- Youre Gonna Miss Me, She Tried, Reverberation,

6. #6 Lionel Hutz, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2009
    Pretty good list right here. My additions are in BLUE

7. Zep: In My Time of Dying, Heartbreaker, Stairway To Heaven, Tangerine, Dazed and Confused

Jimi: Castles Made of Sand, All Along The Watchtower, Purple Haze, The Wind Cries Mary

Pink Floyd: fuckin pick a song...

Lots of other stuff, just a few I've been listenin to lately.

8. The first time I got high and drove, I had my iPod on shuffle in the car but I was too busy talking to my friends to pay attention to the songs. The second "Stairway to Heaven" came on, none of us said a single word until the song was over. Then my friend says "Dude, that was trippy"

9. The best all pretty much been listed
    The Doors - the End

10. I like to stick on some primal scream, movin' on up is amazing when baked.

11. Zeppelin-No quarter, Kashmir, Communication breakdown.

Phil Collins-
    In the air tonight

Queen-We are the champions, Bohemian rhapsody, We will rock you

Rush-Closer to the heart, Working man, Xanadu, Limelight, Tom sawyer, Spirit of the radio

Scorpions-No one like you, Rock you like a hurricane, Wind of change

Triumph-Lay it on the line, Spellbound, Killing time

The Who-Teenage wasteland, Pinball wizard, Tommy(Rock Opera Movie) WATCH IT !!!

Yes-
    Roundabout, Seen all good people

Aerosmith-Walk this way, Sweet emotion, Dream on

Those are just some people havent listed....and anything by the Beatles are good and mellow.

12. Zeppelin-Kashmir, Dazed & Confused, No Quarter, The Rover

Anything Pink Floyd

Jimi Hendrix- Red House, Purple Haze

13. Haha nothing beats driving at night, and gettin that drum solo full blast

14. Pink Floyd - ANIMALS (full album), if u like acid, pick up THE WALL dvd
    Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze, Watchtower, Voodoo Child
    ...not really in the classic rock category, but TOOL has to be mentioned, 10,000 Days in particular

15. Hendrix, bob dylan, the cream, led zepplin, ac/dc,aerosmith,Alice cooper, The allman brothers, (late) Beatles, Black Sabbath, Blu oyster cult, deep purple, Def Leppard, The doors, Eric clapton, Foghat, gratefull dead, guns n roses, Pink floyd, be sure to listen to piper at the gates of dawn!, queen, Rolling stones, jefferson airplane, Rush, Scorpions, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff beck, yardbirds, Van halen, The who, ZZ top, the clash, creedence clearwater revival, Lynard Skynyrd, Santana, the eagles, and if you like original punk check out dead kennedys, the clash, sex pistols, ramones.
    These are just a few outta my fried brain ahha!

16. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wotrzvbNZ3M"]YouTube - Message from the country by The Move[/ame]

17. #17 rubberfactory, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    Cream: Tales of Brave Ulysses, Crossroads, Sunshine of your Love, Dance the Night Away
    Led Zeppelin: Achilles Last Stand, Rock and Roll, Heartbreaker into Living Loving Maid (can't have it any other way) Bring it on Home, could go on forever with this list...
    The Beatles: She Said She Said, I Want You (She's So Heavy), Within You Without You, also could go on forever here.
    Derek and the Dominos: Tell the Truth, Have You Ever Loved a Woman, Little Wing
    Allman Brothers Band: Statesboro Blues, Whipping Post (hit up Live from the Fillmore East for best result)
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Voodoo Chile, Love or Confusion, Fire, Little Wing, Manic Depression, Hey Joe, All Along the Watchtower, Voodoo Child (Slight Return), The Wind Cries Mary, Red House... really take any Hendrix song you want.
    The Doors: LA Woman, Land Ho, Crystal Ship, Soul Kitchen, When the Music's Over, The End, Roadhouse Blues, again I could go on for a while here...
    Blind Faith: Had to Cry Today, Can't Find My Way Home
    Neil Young: On the Beach, Cinnamon Girl, Powderfinger, Cortez the Killer, Walk On, Down by the River, Don't Let it Bring You Down, Come on Baby Let's Go Downtown
    Todd Rundgren: When the Shit Hits The Fan/Sunset Blvd, International Feel, Zen Archer, Little Red Lights, Slut, Black Maria
    Pink Floyd: Animals, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Meddle, the Wall.
    The Kinks: Waterloo Sunset, Lola, Sittin' on My Sofa, Where Have All the Good Times Gone, Celluloid Heroes, Sunny Afternoon, Dead End Street, Autumn Almanac, Death of a Clown
    Joe Walsh: Rocky Mountain Way, Life's Been Good, Funk #49, Walk Away
    The Moody Blues: Lunch Break (Peak Hour), Tuesday Afternoon
    The Zombies: Odessey and Oracle.. trust me the entire album is worth it.

This is just personal preference of course.

18. gotta have YYZ. how has it not been said?
    and echoes.
    maybe some jeff beck - led boots
    and how about some zappa

19. Pink Floyd- Time
    Lou Reed- Walk on the Wild Side
    Talking Heads- Once in A lifetime (don't know if it counts as rock but whatever)
    Jimi Hendrix- Wind Cries Mary, Hey Joe

I assume you only mean popular songs