Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Cannabis BLOGS/WEBSITES

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BostonBlogger, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

I'm new here. First post, hurrah. Anyways, I have a question that I wanted to ask the knowledgeable people here. I'm not much of a messageboard poster but this place seemed like the best place to post it. I also didn't know which topic would be the best to post this under so feel free to move it ADMINS if you feel fit (I know you will!)

I wanted to see if you all had any great Cannabis Blogs you could recommend. I'm curious because I'm thinking of starting one of my own. I've been a recreational smoker for a year-and-a-half and over the past couple months, I've become more of an activist.

I want an objective, informed, and mature blog that discusses cannabis history as well as the legalization issue--its economics, medicinal use, the war on drugs, and excessive incarceration--with the ultimate purpose being education and mobilization of those who believe in its legalization. I want to work to try and dispel a lot of the 'stoner stigma' that is attached to cannabis and get people together to get this business legalized.

I wanted to hear your thoughts and also what else should be included in it. I'm enthusiastic and I have some good people looking to help with this and really want to see it through.

Let me know what you think and recommendations to any other blogs/websites are helpful.

Thanks gang.

2. LOL mine...

Marijuana Monologues

But starting your own won't hurt. Hell, I don't have one follower, so maybe you'll catch some attention.

3. Hey flo, our pages are freakishly similar.

LOL much love friend. Anyone willing to stand and speak is owed much respect here.

Well...

4. stash.norml.org is a daily read for me. Near-daily podcast, excellent information on all of the categories that you mention and more. The best resource I've found for info. I mean, its NORML!

I'm also a member of MPP (marijuana policy project) that emails me news and updates of their lobbying efforts.

I'd like to know more as you get this idea moving. I'd love to help more/ or at least be kept 'posted' about your progress.

I think most of the areas of interest that you mentioned have been tapped pretty well from other blogs/ organizations. But another quality (unique) voice never hurts; especially as far as activism goes! Need to get people moving!

I also may be able to help, depending on your experience and that of your supports, with some tips for getting it read. I've been learning about/ dabbling with internet marketing and blogging for a couple years.

travis773 [at] hotmail [dot] com

5. I didn't plagarize, I swear! lol Glad to be part of the active movement!

6. Grasscity.com

7. sweeeeet more education on cannabis... more blogs plz0rz.

8. Great guys. Thanks! That's definitely a good start. I understand all of this stuff has been said but I think it is all over the place and needs to be centralized. It will be lots of links to other places but I want it to be informational to any person looking to learn more about the issue.

It's a good start. I also want it to be objective and not critical or inflammatory. I know that I'm pro-legalization but I don't think condescension of the other side is going to get anything done:

It reminds me of this funny thing I heard from The Onion

Anyways, thanks. Keep it coming and Travis, I'm definitely going to be firing an email your way.

Best.

9. Please make sure, that if you start your own blog its well designed. So many marijuana sites are so awful to look at, and when trying to be taken seriously that doesn't help at all.

10. Dwaine,

Absolutely. That bums me out a ton that so many of them are so crappy looking. Still doing the background research...

11. I wish you nothing but good luck, friend.

respect.

12. I'm working on a piece on the history of cannabis cultivation by humans. I'll probably post it in Nirvanah (the paid members section) though.

My blog here contains my life story. I was just thinking the other day about doing a few blog posts on other cannabis related topics.

Good luck with your endeavor.

13. we'd all enjoy it that's for sure :smoke:

14. This.

15. Spamming ads for your site isn't allowed here kiddo.

16. Hey there fellow bloggers:

I thought I should share this because I have been enjoying this new device so much! My friend Scott just showed me this thing called “The Lung Cleaner” and it works wonders. It's an inhaler that has eucalyptus oil and a saline solution, used to clear your lungs of all the junk we put in them on a daily basis. Cure those bong rips and late night cigs with “The Lung Cleaner”. My buddy bought his at a head shop but I can only find them on eBay at: The Lung Cleaner | eBay. If you can find them at a shop please let me know.

17. I really like cannabis.wikia.com and they don't sell anything.

18. I'm working on one right now. There's some good info there. Hopefully I can get some more articles done! :smoking: