Best Books For Self Improvement & General Enlightenment

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by rawtunes, Mar 7, 2009.

1. lately Ive been getting into self improvement books
    theyre pretty enjoyable and are actually pretty helpful

the 2 that Ive read and enjoyed were

How To Win Friends and Influence People
    and
    Unstoppable Confidence by Kent Sayre

Does anyone know of any similar books or any other books they found helpful
    They dont have to relate to these they could be about personal enlightenment
    or books about the human brain and emotions

let me know I love growing and these books are a great way to do so

2. A few reccomendations;

The Book by Alan Watts, Focuses mainly on correcting the illusion that humans are essentially ego's inside bags of skin that confront a universe of separate external objects, I can't word it nearly as well as he can but this book had a tremendous impact on me

Being Peace by Thich Nhat Hanh, A book of speech excerpts from the Vietnamese monk, oriented more strongly towards Buddhism specifically but a great read for anybody

Awareness: The Key to Living in Balance by Osho, mainly about improving your awareness and living in the present, part of Osho's Insights for a better way of living series.

3. Dr. Brian Martin is one of the renowned motivational writers of the world. Brian Martin is a person who has a lifetime of learning experiences that have transcended into a lifetime of success, which he now wants to share with others.

Read more:- The power of intention

4. the power of now..eckhart tolle.. there should be some audio book torrents floating around