Best bang for your buck headphones?

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Chief Leaf, Sep 23, 2012.

1. #1 Chief Leaf, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    I'm tired of busting through earbuds like every 3 months since I crank them up too loud. I'm looking into just buying over-ear headphones now despite accessibility. What do you guys recommend for me for something about $200 or below? I listen to a lot of hardcore and certain rap for the most part so I want a good bass sound and I also dabble in a bit of electronic indie. Thanks blades!

(I was going for the full over head headphones. Trying to lean away from earbuds.)

2. Any models in particular or...?

3. SENNHEISER

hahah foreal sennheisers are the shit. I dont own sennheiser earbuds but I have a pair of HD280 Pros and they sound KILLER! only 85 bucks for mine and waaaaaaaaaayyy better than those fuckin beats garbage lol

4. Sennheiser get ready to drop 300-2000 on a pair tho.

5. Klipsch s4i ear buds

Cost 100 bucks
    They break every 4-6 months

You get a 2 year replacement warranty with it automatically. So when they break, you get brand new ones, no questions asked. I've already gone through 3 headphones. If there was no 2 yer warranty, it would have cost me 300$

But they have a warranty
    So I have only payed 100$ for the original headphones

If you buy through best buy, geek squad will take care of the replacement.

Great sound quality too

Klipsch s4i

6. Coworker bought a earbud pair for 1.29 and I think it sounds very good.

For a buck you can't beat it.

IMO headphones are very low on priority.

7. [quote name='"MistahWonderful"']Sennheiser get ready to drop 300-2000 on a pair tho.[/quote]

they have pairs for 30 bucks but sennheisers are the way to go op

8. Like I said, mine were 85 but they have lower priced ones too.

I had a pair of Klipsch s2's in high school and they were legit buds. sounded great after i broke them in, they sounded tinny at first. Klipsch is a great choice as well

9. i just realized that OP said earbuds does Sennheiser even make em?

10. Yeah they do, never owned them but I've heard they're pretty good

11. Some koss or Sony noise cancellling they have good ones $25-50

12. I'd go with Sony. They're the most reliable headphones imo.

I've never had a pair of Sony headphones crap out on me. They're also relatively cheap.

13. Nah, I meant I'm tired of earbuds and was looking for like full on over the ear headphones.

14. [quote name='"Chief Leaf"']Nah, I meant I'm tired of earbuds and was looking for like full on over the ear headphones.[/quote]

Yeah Sennheisers...

15. [quote name='"MistahWonderful"']

Yeah Sennheisers...[/quote]

Yeah, I got that haha, just wanted to clear the air for the people thinking I was looking for more earbuds. Sennheisers are looking pretty nice right now.

16. ooooh so you weren't looking for earbuds? lmao well whatever, I love my HD280Pro's! they're closed back so you can't really hear shit when your listening/producing with them

17. Grado headphones are excellent, and come in all price levels, from entry level to professional. Grados have very accurate bass, and are usually better with rock, jazz and pop than classical music, which Sennheisers are usually voiced for. Sennheisers are usually more comfortable than Grado headphones, for extended wear. There's other good headphones out there, but these two are well thought of in the audiophile commmunity, and one brand is usually preferred over the other depending on individual musical and listening tastes.

18. Iv'e found my HD280Pro's to be a little on the tight side for long periods of time. the only slight con of these phones

19. I ain't gonna bluff I got some shure H240s that smash some sennys and sonys out. I just grabbed them for listening to tracks not mixing or anything. Mixing with headphones ain't fun IMO