Best Avatar Award

Discussion in 'General' started by ZigZagMan, Jun 26, 2002.

1. man nubbin's still in the lead but im pretty sure someone is on his tail......keep voting! and say who your voting for instead of hes cool because i dont know what you mean.

2. thanks mrcrispy...this one here, or the sesame street dude..i think this one represents us all, at one point or another...i really like mrcrispy's too...

3. this one..that i think would represent us all at one point or another..or the sesame street dude?.........thanks for the mention too

4. damn computer...pick one...they are the same.....im stoned so its all good.....wahooo fillibuster!!

5. firstly, i'd just like to nominate mine for the vote. a vote for digit's avatar is a vote for a more artistic and contempary look. minimalism isn't a dirty word when it comes to teensy images.

but just to make sure i don't disapear up my own bum in a poof of pretentiousness i gotta say that my vote gets split between J & silent bob ... and ganjaphish's old Calvin & Hobbes.

i think nubbin's should be eliminated from the vote because i'm sure it's ilegal in the states, canada and all of europe (except holland)!

:D

VOTE DIGIT'S AVATAR. The inteligent vote!

6. I love IceCreamKidd's, or, smokinokie's... AND stevieponiczz's!! all 3 get my vote if I can vote for 3!

I like my Hobbes, he is my super dork mascot because I thought like him and Calvin as a kid and was delighted when the comic strip came out! :D
    I've wanted to change it! But can't lose the Hobbes he's my man!

And NuBBiN... I vote yours as the "scariest avatar" award, and well, I'm glad you didn't change it to the dude with the nipples!

7. I like the variety of them all. I like that the image is supposed to encapsulate the personalitly of the blade and the overall first impression. I have no favorite avatar, some are more asthetically pleasing and some I wish I had thought of myself but all and all if its original I like it.

unless its some weird big bald creepy guy. =)

Z

8. OOOOH...come on now icecreamkidd...I even named him the icecream man! that should get him a couple brownie points from ya!....hes kinda ugly at first, true, but once you give him a chance to grow on you, he becomes more like a monkey at the zoo, you know theyre hairy and ugly,but theyre still cute in that little monkey way y'know?...

9. I will never be able to look at curious george in the same way.

10. LOL yeah it is robert plant, i can't beleive i forgot i changed my avatar, and i stare right at it.

does he look too much like a girl or what? someone asked me who "she" is, and i was like erm...
    if you could see the pic upclose, you'd see it's one of plant FEELING the music, which is my favorite part of music.. the actual FEELING it gives you. but the avatar's too small, and he looks kinda like a chick.

maybe it's time to get hobbes back, but i still vote for IceCreamKidd's avatar!

11. yeah! bring Hobbes back. or do i need to start a poll for that too?

12. .

Attached Files:

13. <-------------<<< ACK! ACK!

Thanks Ganj!

I think the syndrome with Ice Cream Man is a lot like a bad carwreck on the interstate, or an extremely obese woman in short shorts.

Ya don't wanna look, but you do, and you wish you had'nt!

Therefore,

I have to go with the kindest kid in the city, Ganjas' Hobbes.
    (If she changes it back)

I had a plant named Robert once.

14. OK OK OK hobbes is back... I can look at Robert Plant whenever I want, on my computer, and really, I am happier to have Hobbes back!
    He's groovin' down the road, happy as can be, eyes closed in the ignorant bliss with the tiger/cat's luck of not having a care in the world as long as the stomach is full and the weather's dry!
    Besides I love how he used to pick on Calvin all the time :D

I agree about the Ice Cream Man, I can't bear to look but my eyes keep being drawn to him.. I finally showed Phishhead the pictures where they gave him nipples, and he was like "WHY ARE YOU SHOWING ME THAT?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!"
    I don't think he follows Grasscity as well as I do, and he was amazed at our obsessions with NuBBiN and his avatar hehe

I'll catch him grossing out to it later today by his own will though, I bet! LOL
    xo~

15. i did the nipple thing :D:D..and digit did my current avatar..which i reallly freakin like..so this is my permanent one..vote on it now :D:D...mine mine mine :D

16. Im thinkin that my avatar should just be put under a whole 'nother genre....its kick ass (and you all know it too!), but other people obviousely spent more time on theirs, and even though we all know mine is the best damn avatar, the award should go to someone who actually worked on theirs.....

but hey, thats just my opinion

17. well if the award should go to someone who worked on theirs mine is still in the running. and the guy in my avatar don't mess with kids! lol

tempted to vote for namrons now he got a facelift and haircut ;)

:D :D :D :D hobbes is back! and thus, the true identity of ganjaphish is back! it's like we were saying (was that in this thread or in "??") people kinda become their avatar, so hobbes is synonymous with ganjaphish! everytime i read a C&H book now i'll think of Ganjaphish. :D :D :D

18. Well for one thing it enables me to immediately know which posts is nubbins (the thing is so big and ugly its hard to miss).

and "I even named him the icecream man! that should get him a couple brownie points from ya!"

That means that in maturity my "character/persona" IceCream Kid will become that!

Attached Files:

19. They stand before me, sobbing. They know their time is up. I feel as though I should have pity on them, but I feel nothing. Nothing but a sense of purpose. I must complete my mission, my task. One becomes overwhelmed by fear, the adreniline pumping with a sense of purpose, he lunges at me. I end his burst of self-rightous attack power with a pull of the trigger. His limp body hits the floor hard, and I've had enough of this. Quickly leveling my muzzle at each of my victims, I squeeze off shot after shot until all of them are dead. Feeling pleased with myself, I stroll out of the doors of congress with a smile on my face.