Best affordable MFLB alternative

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by YYZ, May 29, 2012.

1. I have been vaping out of my mflb for a long time but i find now it is just not meeting my needs as much as I would like it too. I even have the power adaptor but really the amount of trenches i need to feel anything at all and the time invested is simply not worth the result I get.

what other portable vaporizers would you reccomend? Stealth is deffinitley a concern, and i would like an electric one, the idea of butane is not nice to me.

I see the da vinci, that looks like a really cool vaporizer. any knowledge on that?

and what about these vape pens? they work well?

Also, this puff it vaporizer that looks like a inhaler looks promising.

I just need a good alternative vape to replace my current one.

Any suggestions?

2. Before completely knocking the mflb, just take a t break.

3. The mflb really is one of the best you can get for the price. Maybe try takin a break and just smokin for a week but if not the da vinci is a really nice vape and I have heard all good things about it. At my local headship it's over $100 more than the mflb though, I think 220. The only other portables I would trust without combusting are the da vinci and the arizer solo. after researching all the others so many got all these damn problems. And maybe the iolite wispr but that would require butane I believe.
    All depending on how much you wanna spend too.

4. Is it possible it's time for new batteries for your MFLB?

Check out the Thermovape T1 and Thermovape Evolution.

fuckcombustion.com is a great place to research vapes.

5. Vapir mini oxygen. I think it's like $60 on amazon and I use it way more than I use my mflb.

6. #6 YYZ, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
    I have heard the thermavape runs through the batteries it uses every few months, and i do not want that at all.

i also know that it doesnt have to do with the batteries i use for my mflb. maybe my tolerence is just too high, but i went to the vape lounge and got very high off using the volcano, yet i can barely snag a buzz from the mflb.

if the da vinci was not so expensive, i would be buying that right now.

Also @Purpleface: do you get more bigger clouds from the vapir oxygen mini? do you think you could give me a review of it? is it better for more than one person?

7. That vaporizer is crap. A t break is suggested or maybe change your hit technique.
    If your looking for a new portable you should get the thermovape or the NO2

8. i guess i do just need a t-break. it is so hard though. after i run out of weed this time im deffinitley taking one.

9. After the first 2-3 days it's not that hard at all. Just keep yourself busy.

10. If you're buying bud, any portable vape is "affordable".
    You just need to take a break and redirect your finances elsewhere for a little while.

So a t-break and an upgrade in one.

Personally I never much liked my mflb either.
    The batteries were shithouse and while it's a very nice and discreet portable unit, after having used (what I will call) a "real" vapouriser, it really suffered the comparison even more-so.
    Like, I suppose if you needed a small hit while out and about it might be considered "ok" but I honestly think the thing is given way too much credit.

I don't know too much bout what other portable vapes have to offer, but I do know there's some very nice looking ones that certainly seem better put together than an mflb.
    One looks a bit like a sports bottle?
    Arizer also makes one called the "solo"...I haven't seen this personally but I have an "extreme q" from the same company and I have to say I'd trust anything these guys made.

11. [quote name='"NotPotRelated"']

That vaporizer is crap. A t break is suggested or maybe change your hit technique.
    If your looking for a new portable you should get the thermovape or the NO2[/quote]

It's much better than the mflb it has controlled temp and plugs into outlet and I get a lot more vapor of each hit than the mflb.

12. i just find for something i use mostly indoors, it really does not need to be as stealth as i needed it to be 2 years ago when i first bought it.

I just wish there was an easier way to deliver larger amounts of vapour quicker with the mflb, so far i have not found it.

13. Desk top is the way forward y do majority of ur vaping on a portable vape. The power adapter is a joke for the money... buy a e q........... done

14. If you have the money go for the Da Vinci. I personally don't think you can beat it with any other portable that you can fit in your pocket. The fact that it's so small and you can still adjust your temperature should sell itself. The only downfall is the battery life, but coming from the mflb I don't think you would even have a problem with it.

15. Save your embarrassment while you can. You have to carry an ugly battery pack. Yes, it has a controlled temp, but so does the mflb in a sense that you can control the heat of the vapor with your hit technique. You can get bigger hits off a magic flight than a mini oxygen no doubt. You have to let more vapor heat up. The mflb also heats up faster and cooks the bud more evenly. With the see through lid, i can vape until whenever i want making my ABV great for edibles with a considerable amount of thc left. I dont have to keep on pulling the vape apart to see if it was cooked evenly. With the vapor oxygen mini, theres that ugly battery pack. It nearly takes away the portability because of its size. The mini oxygen is also known to leak and the batteries often die and break after repetitive use. If my mflb nimh batteries break (which is not very often) i can go to my local walgreens or shoprite and buy them right their. While you are ordering battery packs online, paying for shipping costs along with the battery.Especially with the battery pack the mini oxygen has a bad shape, holding the battery pack along with the unit isnt a snug fit in your hands.
    Also the mini oxygen doesnt have the good warranty that magic flight has. If you accidently drop your in water i garuntee you will not get a waranty replacement, i accidently broke my magic flight, it was completely my fault, and they sent me a new lb within the week. The mini oxygen also gives off odor and can barely fit in your pocket with the battery pack. I can use mine inside, and in public places, in a matter of seconds with no hassle. Im stoned while your unit is still heating up.

Sorry for thread jacking:(:wave:

MFLB FTW!

TO OP: if your looking for affordability the mflb is the cheapest. If your willing to spend the money, the davinci or thermovape is the way to go with portables.

16. I have heard that the AC adapter for the MLFB takes it up a notch. I have an MLFB but only use it with batteries.

I think if wasn't needed a stealth vape I would get a desktop vape.