Best Aero Nutrient Mix?

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by LiquidJunglist, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Going to do be doing a DIY Aero Setup and I've been doing so research about Aero Nutrients but there are some mixed opinions out there. SO CONFUSION. Just figured it would be better to just ask a direct question ^_^

Im looking to find the easiest Mix and schedule for a first time Aero user. I know there are some ready made Nut kits like...

-Botanicare's Pure Blend Proâ„¢ Starter Kit

-Technaflora Recipe for Success

-General Hydroponics Go Box Starter Kit

I'm going to be using a Blackstar 240w LED more then likely and starting with a one lady project for my first Aero. So my quesiton is are one of these or another going to be easiest for me or is the Lucas going to work?

Any info or help would be SO AMAZING. Thanks all in advance. Love the forum.

2. Go Botanicare - make sure you get Cal-Mag with the base nutrient formula. I've used it in my aero setup flawlessly.

3. I like that set up once i get the hang of my one lady set up i might go get one of the Bontanicare Aero set up...

[​IMG]

4. I would advise against this setup - it is poorly designed. I used 4" PVC fenceposts setup similar to this guy:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=62253

You would be suprised how stealthy you can get these setup - I did mine in a 3x3 space.

5. thanks for the info... ^_^

6. Liquid: in school they're urging us to stay with liquid nutes in any kind of aeroponics to prevent clogging the nozzles. I've had very good luck with Technaflora's, "Recipe for Success," for about the lat five years. It's complete and very user friendly. I hope that helps. Hank

7. Hank, since doing my own research and talking to some folks, im looking at doing the AN pH Perfect Sensi Grow and pH Perfect Connoisseur with a Hobbyist Kit. Have talked to some folks that have used it and they swear by AN.

Its very simple all i really need is the RO Water witch im about to get a system here in the next week or so and the Nuts. I might get a cheap tester but most people have told me I really dont need it.

Thanks for the info brov.

8. Liquid: If you're talking about Advanced nutes, they're good but they've very expensive. I like Technaflora's, "Recipe for Success," because it's a complete system that requires nothing else and it's really user friendly. It was recommended to me by my local hydro store because I didn't know shit about hydro and it proved to be idiot proof. I love the stuff.

If you get serious about this, I'd recommend you purchase a food pH measuring stick. I bought the little yellow Milwakee electronic tester for about $35 and a blue ppm tester for about $25. See what your local hydro store has to offer. I used to pay $100 bucks eachfor the higher priced testers but they didn't last any longer than the cheaper ones and they're accurate enough for what I'm doing. I found pH and ppms to be very important in hydro and they're critical in aeroponics because everything happens so much faster.

As far as R/O water is concerned, when I use my bubble buckets I buy H/O'd water from the super market kiosk @ 39 cents a gallon and seven gallons a week hasn't broken the bank. I've gone back to dirt because it's a lot more forgiving and I'm an old lazy grower that's only growing for myself. I did spring for a big dechlorinating household filter from Lowe's for about $100 that does turn out some pretty good tasting water and it works well with my Vita Grow three part dry nutes, but I wouldn't try that in an aero system. I hope that helps. Hank

9. Botanicare clogged my system up an had lots of salts I use general hydroponics and love it now

10. Junior: I'm sure there a re a lot of good nutes on the market. I trust the guys at my local hydro store. They've never steered me wrong. In dirt they recommended and I like to use Vita Grow and with hydro I've had the best luck with the Technaflora's "Recipe for Success" they started me on. I think if you use them right they're probably all good. With Technaflora I haven't had to flush like most folks and I haven't cooked a crop yet. Knock on wood. Hank

11. That was a nute I looked into the people at my place told me with the aero 60 I would do better with general hydro products and after I switched I was a believer I have pics in another post check em out mind you this is my first grow don't pic on me to hard lol

12. I've decided that I'm going to use...

-Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Sensi Grow
    -Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Connoisseur
    -Advanced Nutrients Hobbyist Bundle
    -Advanced Nutrients Final Phase

Some Auto guys doing test from Dutch Passions are using this set up and have some great, no amazing results. ^_^ Plus they say it its made for everything DWC, RDWC, Aero/Ultrasonic, F&D... etc. they say all Hydro and Soil mediums.

Its a bit more money but I dont mind paying more for something that going to work good.

13. Junior: if you have a recommendation from knowledgeable people you trust and it works for you then that's what I call success. Go with it my friend. Good luck. You sound like a happy customer. Hank

14. I have been very happy with it but I will try what you are talking about because they are good nutes thanks

15. [quote name='"LiquidJunglist"']I've decided that I'm going to use...

-Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Sensi Grow
    -Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Connoisseur
    -Advanced Nutrients Hobbyist Bundle
    -Advanced Nutrients Final Phase

Some Auto guys doing test from Dutch Passions are using this set up and have some great, no amazing results. ^_^ Plus they say it its made for everything DWC, RDWC, Aero/Ultrasonic, F&D... etc. they say all Hydro and Soil mediums.

Its a bit more money but I dont mind paying more for something that going to work good.[/quote]

It doesnt work any better than any other line. Like all companies, AN's goal is to make money, and they make all sorts of products that usually create more problems than they cure. They have something like 121 different bottles of "special must have nutrients". To compare to a company like Canna, which has less than 10 for any medium. ANs spends most of their time advertising, not growing. They have hundreds of people who fill the forums up with "testimonials" to get the noob hooked. You start off slow, buy the basic kit (6-7 bottles) but they tell you to attain better performance you need to buy these 5 and than these 4 and so on and so on.

Dont get me wrong, guys get good results with AN, just as you can with any good quality company without blowing your entire paycheck on snake oils. Ive seen guys using no nutes and growing organic, indoor grows using dirt cheap tomatoe feed and guys who have spent thousands on nutrients and it has proven it to me that the environment (temps, light, air circulation, etc) is far more important than the latest gimmick proposed as a must need booster.

16. I've looked at both AN and CANNA. I like to price of the CANNA but like the ease of the pH perfect. Its a toss up. I have see Journals with both. I just want to try the pH perfect for my first one just for ease. Not that i dont understand pH balancing water i just like the ease of no pH tester for my first time. Thats really it.

Im still not starting anything yet so still researching and open to CANNA Aqua Vega and Aqua Flores w/ some Additives. Just depends.... Will let you guys know regardless.

17. I think Toke has a good point, you don't have to blow your whole paycheck at the hydro store on nutes. I'd like to jump in and reply to this one:

I asked one of the instructors we had at school what brand of nutes he used and he just smiled and said if we checked his reservoir, besides the necessary primary and secondary elements, we'd likely find: bat shit, chicken shit, cow shit, fish shit, goat shit and horse shit. Some of the guys thought he was joking but I'm sure he was pretty serious. He was a country boy who'd been a commercial grower and he had his own ideas on growing. He wasn't too keen on the commercial lines of nutes. The problem is that most of us don't have a doctorate in bio-chemistry so we're probably better off letting someone else do the research and we buy and use their concoctions.

That takes us directly to correctly using the nutes we purchase. It's not rocket science but it's not overly simple either. I've seen guys not follow the manufacturers instructions and wonder why they have nutes related problems; they either chemically burn their crop or starved it. I've tried a number of major brands in the past that were given to me, usually comped, by a local hydro store trying to wean me away from Technaflora's, "Recipe for Success and I found generally two major differences in the other brands: one most aren't as complex or complete as Technaflora. With a lot of the other brands it's a major case of bait and switch. "Buy this brand and that's all you need." That's what they tell us but when you start having nutes related problems they have more chemical solutions than an auto parts store. Technaflora is complete. I've yet to have to add anything else to their formula. For beginners, I don't think you can beat it.

Problem number two is: you have to mix your nutes correctly and in the order prescribed by the manufacturer. When I mix and change nutes in seven gallons of R/O'd water in a second clean ten gallons Sterlite tub I do it with the pump on. It moves and mixes the nutes as I add them around a lot better than I could with a non-reactive spoon. But it doesn't do it at light speed. I take my time, mix them in the prescribed order, adjust the pH and then when they've had a chance to stabilize I move my ladies from the old nutes to the new without delay. As simple as this sounds I think this is where a lot of people screw up. I hope that helps. Hank

18. Been doing the aero method for awhile now and it wasn't until recently I switched nutes. That being said, I will always stand behind the product made by CANNA such as, Aqua Series, Flora Series, Rhizotonic, PK 13/14, Cannazyme. However, I can't stand their price.

Unfortunately, this may not help, but if you check the labels of the nutes against one another across brands then please tell me because I can't find a difference.

19. The best nutes for dwc are vitalink a+b and buddy also biopac for roots!!

20. Has anyone checked this out? MUNASH RENEW

It's an Australian product, it's cheap, It's an organic liquid, basically it has 100's of macro and micro nutrients and minerals... only problem is I don't know of anyone using it in cannabis growing, Someone more knowledgeable in bio-chem let me know what they think of this product please.