Berry Ryder Auto: T5/cfl Hydro Cabinet Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by freedomisamyth, Jun 9, 2013.

1. #61 nonfiction, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013

did you have any negative effects from pruning after flowering with the auto?

2. No negative effects. The buds are getting fatter and the only leaves that yellowed were lower fan leaves. She looks to be stretching a little but I think it's because I'm not using an HPS light.

3. Pictures: lights off, day 44.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374675223.946085.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374675237.062719.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374675249.312123.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo quality. I'll get better ones when the lights are on.

4. Day 51:

I'm getting closer to harvest and barb's buds are fattening up nicely. Hopefully I can chop her down in a week and a half. The fan leaves are yellowing again so I'll have to give her a good pruning. I'll get pictures up when lights come on.

5. Anyone know how long to flush with plain water? I plan on starting plain water in a few days and flushing for about a week. Anyone have any advice?

6. I really don't know what the rule of thumb is when it comes to flushing, but a week to 2 weeks would be my guess but like I said I really don't know

7. last 2 weeks nothing but water you don't even need to adjust the PH of it.

8. With DWC wait til 75% orange then you can reduce nute content. Full flush isn't needed. Flush is mainly to get built up nutes off medium. And since your medium is mainly water with just some rocks no build up. Lessening nutes will cause plant to use stored energy. But last 2 weeks is when you'll get lots of growth on buds. Good luck

9. Thanks for the tips. I'd say I've got about a week left. My nutrient level is currently 450ppm. Right now is say the pistils are 1/3 orange.

10. Pictures. Day 56:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375742309.501651.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375742340.603934.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375742370.653625.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375742391.619940.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375742435.933654.jpg

11. Does anyone know when the best time to harvest is? Is there a general rule? I know she's getting close.

12. for all the auto's I have grown its always been around 70 days, give or take a day or two

13. I change the nutrient solution for just water on day 60

14. Thanks for the advice. Most of my leaves are yellowing, so I don't know if I'm going to let it go until day 70.

15. Today is day 60. The buds look great and the pistils are mostly orange. All her leaves are yellowing so I may harvest later today. Any objections?

16. do you have still little white hair buds at the bottom of plant? do you pick em off so energy goes to top?

you gotta post pics first.....

18. Yes I do have those. I was wondering what to do with them. I planned on throwing them in with the clippings for iso hash.

19. think picking them off would stress the auto too much? i feel like it's such a waste putting ANY energy there when it could be going to the top where the light is penetrating... maybe someone with more indoor auto experience will see this ;-)

20. Why iso hash? If it isn't food grade I will not use it. Buy some grain alcohol, or better yet get bubble bags.