Benzedrex for homework?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Anaru, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Do you guys think that this sounds like a good idea? Would it help me focus and make it easier to get done? I have a 7-page paper due Wednesday and I literally haven't even started it. For all of the people I know that will say "just suck it up and do it", please leave this thread. I have ADD and completing tasks like this are very difficult for me and I just want something to make it a little easier.

2. #2 s0calt0ker, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    Isnt that a nasal decongestant?

EDIT: I read that people get adderall like effects

3. rofl.

4. yea but you can get high from it its kinda like ritalin

5. #5 Anaru, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    So it works well for ADD? I'm not really sure if ADD medicine really helps me as I've never tried it, but it's worth a shot I guess. How much should I take? Just one?

I should probably elaborate on my problem a little more. Whenever I try to get started on the paper, I keep getting distracted because I can't focus. I also keep procrastinating (an ADD symptom I believe) and saying to myself that I'll get to it later.

6. Alright so I've been reading up on it more and I'm hearing of some people say that it isn't too great for studying, like it makes them scatterbrained. Can anyone attest to this?

7. remember that people with ADD have a paradoxical reaction to stimulants.
    you will get the rush that the onset of any stimulant brings. but that will fade and leave you with a laser beam intensity of focus.... ideally.

i didn't know they were still making any benzadrine based cold products, or is it not benzadrine based

8. Nah it's Propylhexedrine, basically a synthetic methamphetamine.

9. adderall

is

by

far the best for these kinds of things

10. I believe you, but unfortunately I don't know where to get it and don't have the time to get a prescription. I need something fast, and it's too late to try to find some adderall. I'm basically looking for as close as a substitute as possible, if one exists. I'm thinking about getting a prescription for adderall in the future though for times like these.

11. Alright I think I'm gonna try some. I mean the paper is gonna get done no matter what, so the worst that could happen is it not really helping. I doubt it's gonna be hindrance. Hope it helps though!

12. Well, I haven't ever taken adderall but I just smoke sometimes before a study session. If you're in the right mindset you be pretty damn productive.

13. Alright so I took the Benzedrex and I'm waiting for the effects to kick in. I kind of regret swallowing that much cotton though, there was a lot more in there than I thought (at least a whole cotton ball's worth). I would have waited and extracted the stuff but I don't have time for that shit. I'll report back with my findings.

14. Alright so the effects have kicked in for the most part and it definitely isn't a "high" but more of a strong desire to get shit done. I kind of feel like I have to do many things at once, but of those things I do really fast! It isn't too hard to stay on task though. Should get this paper done in no time!

15. So the positive effects have pretty much worn off. Now I'm pretty much my normal ADD self and my body kind of aches. I'm still a little stimulated but not to the degree before. I guess it worked for a while, but not long enough IMO. I guess it would be a good option if you only want short effects and not an entire day of effects like Adderall brings. I think Adderall would be a better for serious study session though, and why would you even need a drug for not serious ones? I don't know about you but I normally study for more than 2-3 hours.

16. #16 Cannabliss88, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
    It works but the high is definitely not worth the nauseating taste and the burps. It was enough to make me puke.

On top of that, ingesting cotton, a mystery blend of unknown chemicals and a "drug" that was never intended or studied as a stimulant is more risk than I am willing to take again, not to mention the fact that I hope to never experience that taste again ever!

17. #17 Cannabliss88, Nov 12, 2009
    If you have ADD you should get some meds.

18. #18 Cannabliss88, Nov 12, 2009
    And if you don't have ADD you can probably find someone who does.

19. I'm not sure if you took somethin other than benedrex, or if it just affected us differently, but in the multiple times that I've used the stuff when my vyvance runs out, it's definitely kept me awake, but gave me more of a WIDE THE FUCK AWAKE sort of feeling with racing heart and jitters and all that, without any focus what so ever. In fact, i'd even say if givin to someone with ADD, it would make it worse due to the fact that I wasn't able to focus on one single thing for more than a couple minutes.

EDIT: Just read that last post and you described it perfectly haha, Never mind bout that ^^

20. #20 Cannabliss88, Nov 12, 2009
    And if your really desperate that's what no doz is for. A vastly better choice overall.