Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Benefits of waiting to the age of 18/21 to toke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by QuinnisaG, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Howdy blades! Hope all is well :p

A Thought ran through my mind and has been for the last couple weeks.

My question is for the people that have waited for their first toke at the age 18-21, was it worth it? I know it's hard to say because you didn't know what it's like smoking under that age, but I'd like to know and discuss how my fellow blades feel about it. Of course smoking under age is looked down upon, but I believe (like my self) some ignored that. And for the people that did, do you ever think about you would have been better off waiting?
    For what ever reason, mentally, physically, highs, etc.

Would waiting till the 'appropriate' age have a better effect on your highs?

Less negative effects mentally? (probably cause our body has more time fully mature)

Thanks! I haven't posted ina while and I couldn't find anything close on this subject, but if this has been discussed feel free to post a link to where I can read upon. - q! :lol:

2. Probably doesn't make too much of a difference in terms of development physiologically speaking. Your brain is always developing and is never 'fully developed' or whatever they want you to think happens when you magically wake up on your 18th birthday.

3. Been smoking since I was 14... Here are the differences: more immature, careless about money, more naive. So ya mainly just financial benefits to waiting until you are wiser with your coins, which generally comes with ages. Also less chance you will hang out with what i like to call the "dumb weed crowd" which is ever present in highschool. But if you are smart and money wise, smoke as early as u want.

4. maturity does not coincide with age. smoke at whatever age you please.

5. I got high for the first time at 13, and started taking bass guitar more seriously. I don't know man...you just gotta smoke the weed, and not let it smoke you. 

6. I didn't start until I was 27 or so.  I was actually just talking with someone about this the other day.  I feel that I can appreciate it a little more since I have the college degree behind me and a house and shit so its kind of like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in my book.  However I do think that if I had tried it in high school I would have been in big trouble.  I already have an addictive personality so luckily I had other hobbies and just never bothered with it, I was lucky in that regard I think.  Being in the medical field and knowing what I have learned, I would not encourage my children to try it until 21 or after (regardless of what studies we want to swap, I personally do not believe the frontal lobe is fully developed until ~25) so that they don't open themselves the risk of something goes awry.  But in no means would I forbid them from trying it once they done with high school.

7. I don't know if i would have gotten into college if I had smoke in High School...

8. Dude mainly just maturity. I started at 13 but kept my shit together. Good grades, played sports mostly every day. And financially I did it when I could afford it, but I knew kids stealing their parents cash and your definitely not responsible enough if you can't even earn an honest dollar to smoke

9. Thanks for the feedback! Personally this doesn't affect me and I don't get down on my self, I have just wondered how I would have viewed the world or how different things would be as well as how my fellow blades have felt / wondered this.