Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Benefits of quitting smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jtaylorgang, Jun 7, 2015.

1. So I've been a daily Marijuana smoker since I was 17. I'm now 21 and I'm finally starting to think I should stop. I course I love to smoke but I'm tired of this constant brain fog. I stumble on my words sometimes and it's hard to get my thoughts out clearly sometimes.. Anyone know what I mean?
    I am a songwriter and my career depends on that. Can this heavy marijuana use be blocking my clear thoughts and dimming down my creativity? I've been depressed for about a year too.

Has anyone else quit smoking after a couple years of heavy use? If so, what were the changes like?

2. its all about moderation

I've been smoking every day for about 4 years myself, but I smoke from 8pm+ after work, also a musician and have had no problems with being foggy, you just have to find a good pace, probably take a tolerance break for 2-3 weeks and see how you feel as well. 

3. Moderation is my problem. If I smoked only at night then there would be a good majority of every day I was sober. I smoke a fat bowl at about noon, then at about 8pm. Sometimes in between. So I'm basically always kinda high. Maybe this has to do with the brain fog I'm experiencing. I'm definitely going to try my best to quit for about 6 weeks to see if a notice any mental changes.

4. if nothing else, at least you will be saving some money.

5. For sure. A lot of money

6. Just blaze in the evening after you're done working so your head will be clear during the day.

7. For the memory, I recommend omega 3, folic acid, vitamin E, vitamin B complex, magnesium, and C (http://www.livestrong.com/article/394667-vitamins-for-brain-fog/). Also, turmeric.

8. Just cut back/tbreak. Every time I make an effort to smoke less, I end up liking smoking more.

I changed from smoking every morning and night to every night, a few hours before bed, and on the weekends, in the afternoon. I like being sober during the day, and relaxing at night, but even with that, I still get that foggy sort of feeling. 

After six weeks, you definitely will notice some mental changes. I notice I can remember things more quickly, and I'm also better math and writing, since I'm a bit more clear headed. I didn't smoke for about 5 weeks in April/May, and I felt fine. I quite enjoyed being sober for so long. The only problem for me is feeling a little trapped in the routine. When I'm stuck in routine, I'm unmotivated, and having a little bit of weed to lighten things up and make me more creative is really nice. 

I read somewhere that in Mexico, weed used to be used like someone having a drink at the end of the day to relax. For some, that's a good way to use weed. All depends on what you're looking for. 

10. The only benefit is you save $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Willie Nelson would be so ashamed.  

But on a serious note, yeah I had a very similar 'crisis of spirit' about a year and a half, maybe two years ago after being a daily smoker for 9 years, almost 10.  I stopped smoking for 6 months, lost some weight, found a new job I loved, and got my priorities straight.  And for me, weed was one of them.  I started smoking again when all the shit in my life was figured out and it's just awesome now.  I don't really have to worry about shit and I've realized after 6 months without it, that it was a part of me and who I was.  

TLDR: Maybe you just need a small break to 'find yourself' 

Sometimes I find that I use weed to make myself feel better about a problem, rather than dealing with the problem. That can be dangerous, because the more you avoid fixing the problem, the more you start just using weed as a band-aid. 

Take some time off sober, find you what's bothering you, and fix it the best you can. Then, as the guy above said, "start smoking again when all the shit in your life is figured out"

13. Unfortunately you're doing little to no good if you dont get these vitamins from whole-food sources.

Vitamins from CVS simply are not the same as the ones your body expects to consume.

To the op, i'm 18 years old, just a year older then you when you began. I've been smoking for years, since I was young but particularly "use" heavily from 16+. Everday, multiple joints up to sometimes 7 joints a day to the face

I dont experience this brain fog. This does concern me though as I do not wish to experience it down the road. I always believed and told myself I'm utterly doing my brain justice by consuming all of this cannabis as I felt that it enhanced my knowledge and broadened my intellect.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. if you're smoking a lot, often, the fog will be there. My advice is to buy a vaporizer, which will help keep weight in your wallet, preserve more weed, and need less to get blitzed.
    smoke small amount in vape periodically, and no fog

15. I kind of know what you mean. I'm 22 and been smoking for a few years everyday as well. I work at Starbucks so sometimes I work wicked early in the morning and sometimes I'm there till 11 at night. Just change the times when you smoke so when you need to be clear headed your not high. If I work early in the morning I will smoke after work usually around 1 pm and until I go to sleep so I will pretty much be high all day. But if I work afternoons and nights I will only smoke at night after work.

16. MORE MONEY!

17. Im sure this has been said already but
    1. Better mental clarity
    2. More money
    3.Better short term memory
    4. No worries of authorities
    5. More money
    6.Increased lung capacity and energy