Being recorded on the phone without my consent

Discussion in 'General' started by Headhunterpipes, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Frustrated and venting.
    I am 100% disabled American veteran service connected.
    My VA doctors or the VA contracted a medical company to monitor the temperature of my feet.
    And they contact me by phone or text, It sounded good to me.
    But when the contracted Co calls me by phone, they say they are recording the conversation?
    I asked why, I was told for training proposes ? None of the other contacted medical Co the VA has hired have to record the conversation.
    I asked who needs the training? ( no answer) And then stated again I DONT WANT TO BE RECORED.
    I was recorded regardless without my knowledge, and this happened about 5 or 6 times.
    I was told that I would no longer get that companies service, if I didn't agree to be recorded, and said if I want i can request to stop services?
    I said I want the services but i am not going to be recorded without some valid reason.
    The contracted company stopped there service.
    Phone call after phone call I get this company still recording the conversations without my consent its the same conversation and me saying over and over I do not give my consent.

I have contacted the VA several times on this. The VA saying no this is not going to happen...
    Again the contracted co calls me again same shit, yesterday.
    This time I texted them a pic of the laws or Recording someone without their consent.
    I don't know if that had any impact....... But denying me medical services because I would not be recorded to disabled vetran I think carried some weight.
    I filed another complaint to the VA and the AG of the state that Co is in yesterday
    This morning I got a Phone call from the VP of that company.
    I was told that all the recording would be erased, and I would not be recorded anymore.
    After everything was done I said there was no reason for any of this of happened and i am not very happy about any of this. She understood.

I guess I could get a Lawyer, which I have never done that before and most likely will not this time.
    I am not sure if I even have a case, and what happens if I did and it makes another person or a veteran be without that companies services and they medically suffer.

So I guess I am just venting ..................Time to get stoned and forget about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. u know most people with 'smart' anything are being recorded without their consent. There are websites out there that you can watch people that don't even know. I read today that 1/3 of the millenials don't mind having a camera installed inside their own homes. Messed in the head.
    Sucks that its the way it is now.

When r u gonna make me a pipe bro? Imma have to order one from you once I get back from summer work.

3. For me I didn't think there was any reason to record the conversation. Why I opted out.
    I think the contracted company is using the recording to cover their asses.

Your Pipe , Right now brother, I am not to be on my feet at all, doing everything I can to save my foot and part of my leg. Not able to operate my lathes at the moment.
    I would be happy to make you pipe.
    After I am back in the shop looking at 6 month to a year to complete. I have some pending orders.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. you did keep a copy of the call between you and the CEO?
    see at least a visit to the local citizens advice office, maybe a good idea
    better to let ya doc know the situation too, as you maybe not the first vet being bugged

we now live in a world where if you object to being 'monitored' then you have a reason to be watched
    as me and a few oldies just hate the way phones have taken over the human race
    back in the years 2000's 1 million peeps owned phones(bricks) within 2 years 80% of humans now own phones, something colleges will be talking about for years to come, truly weird the need to belong is over powering to some

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. I'm really sorry to hear you aren't well. I wish you better health and a good recovery.
    fuck I hate sounding like a GD Hallmark card :angry: remember CBD helps almost every condition; use it.

• Winner Winner x 1

6. Walk into a doctors appointment with your phone.
    ...walk out and immediately get targeted shit based on what you talked with your doctor about, sensitive info.
    Your phone doesn't have to abide my HIPPA, people just hand themselves over on a platter

There are some states that are one-party consent states so you can give yourself permission to record a convo without the other party knowing. Other states you need that 2nd party to agree to be recorded. And since the net transcends boundaries and borders you have apps that you agree to give whatever they ask for in terms of service.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. You're already being recorded w/o your consent. Every webpage documents you were there, your phone tells them exactly what your looking at and what stores/offices you're going into. More and more states are going to where no consent is needed anyway...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not all states require both parties consent to record a conversation. I learned this from my lawyer during my last divorce. In NY state only one party of the conversation needs to be aware that the conversation is being recorded. My lawyer had me record every conversation with my ex.

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. in the uk nearly every phone call is recorded .you phone the doc and a message says this call is being recorded .for your safety ,,even phoning say the electric company etc you get the the same message ..mac,

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1