Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Being on a plane high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iamsofaking, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Im planning to go on a trip this summer and its about a 20hr flight.

My plan is to eat a brownie before i check in at the airport, and get passed through security before the brownies start to kick in. I never had weed brownies before and i was wondering how long do they start to kick in? with 5-7 grams for a batch of brownies.

Also is there a law on being high on a plane? This is in Ontario btw.
    And how long does it usually take from checking in to just chilling at the gate waiting to board your plane?

Edit: im guessing eating a heavy meal will help stop the brownies effect to kick in earlier. since you have a full stomach

2. Edibles take a varying amount of time, but a couple of hours should be a good guess. If you've never tried edibles I suggest you try them beforehand to know what you're dealing with. Edibles can give you a completely different experience. As for being high on the plane, you're not FLYING the plane right? Mkay, just making sure. They don't normally give drug tests to people in-flight (unless you accept the free peanuts). Just kidding.

3. So many questions... Okay well first off eating 5 grams in a brownie is gonna make u trip balls, so try em a few times first, they take about an hour to 2 hours to kick in, they last around 4hours, having a full stomach probably would make it take longer, your in canada so idk the laws but im pretty sure weed isnt illegal there? So you should be able to be high on a plane, although don't make it obvious just in case

4. your gunna be fine all i say is bring ur own food, plane food is expensive and sucky
    entertainment aswell

5. Set of eyedrops and im set..

I just wonder if ill be done going through customs and security before the THC starts to kick in..

6. I am traveling with edibles Tuesday, got 2 chocolate covered cookies. gonna eat 1 before I leave my house then have another one about 2-3 hours later for my 2nd flight.

They take 2 hours to kick in and last for about 3-4 hours.

7. [​IMG]

8. Outside of freaking out you'll be fine...If you freak out they might hold you, and if your eyes are as red as the devils cock you can expect to be answering questions for awhile.

9. #9 Smokinmeds, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I don't live in canada fuck head

name-calling isn't tolerated here -UB

10. Google...And quit calling people names.

11. Cool 2 hours is enough time to get through the bullshit security, hopefully im just chilling at the gate getting ready to board the plane as the THC kicks in..

Also how do weed brownies high compare to smoking? Im gonna try making some soon so i wont freak out when im at the airport

12. I've been high on several flights and I can say that you'll probably end up staring out your window for a while, and then taking a niiiiice long nap.

As for how edibles compare to smoking(for me) it tends to be more intense, and more of a body high.

13. I'm not gonna read the rest of the long posts, just give you my story.

I bought a half o of some GDP when i went back home for a weekend and had quite a bit left over when it was time to fly home. So I made a whole bunch of firecrackers out of it. Flying baked goods on an airplane isn't illegal. They didn't even ask me about them at security. Anyways, I ate one when I was sitting at the gate about 30 minutes prior to my flight. It was on a fairly empty stomach.. And they had a little over a gram per firecracker (yes, a gram.. 2 whole graham crackers to make one). I have played very elite level travel hockey since I was 8 and have been on many many flights in my day. Lets just say, it was needless to say, the best flight of my life. Being high on an airplane, with some beats by dre on was absolutely INCREDIBLE. No one knows you are high, its just amazing. I would say do it.. But try to take them through security and eat them at the gate for maximum time being high, plus, you can eat them on the plane. They WILL wear off over a 20 hour flight.

Enjoy :hello:

14. Plan your edibles out, I gonna eat mine 2 hours before my flight, so they should kick in fly time. First flight is a hour 1:20mins should edibles should last about another 2 hours after the flight. Which is good, I have a 3 hour lay over time again, so about 1:30 before my next flight I will eat my edible and go threw security. And when the 2nd edible kicks in I should be boarding for my 2nd flight which is 2 hours long.

When I get off the plane I will there go home and get more blazed after that :D

15. #15 iamsofaking, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    Fcking Swag!

Sucks cause my beats studios broke tho, ill try to get the pros before i leave

anyway ill probably play it safe and just eat them before checking in, maybe next time ill bring some on a plane

16. Yeah I have the pro's. In my opinion, they kinda made the difference.. If i hadn't had them, I would have just been flat out bored as shit the whole flight and slept.. But with them on, it pretty much felt like an intense bad ass roller coaster the whole flight.. But if you open your eyes, the roller coaster goes away.. So its kinda the best of both worlds. Like a few users have said though, I would make sure to buy some water and a snack or two before you get on. The airplane food sucked ass. And your eyes WILL be the reddest they ever will be. haha. I was wondering why all the workers were staring at me during my layover, went to the bathroom and figured it out. haha.

17. I would recommend bringing some with you for when you come down. I've made brownies a couple times. It takes me about 2 hours before my brownies really hit me. The high was more of a body high and normally consists of me eating them, falling asleep, waking up high as shit, falling back asleep. I don't know if they were indica or sativa, but I'd recommend indica if you just want to pass out for the entire flight.

Don't worry about getting caught or anything, unless there are reeking chunks of bud in your brownies.

18. High on an airplane = Major fun

Although last time I did it I was searched by TSA...

Go for it man, the flight is much more fun

19. I am bring a edible with me that has good amount of weed on it, one is weak the other one is super strong and that is the one I am saving for later.

20. You go through customs and immigration AFTER you land, not before you take off. You should be fine in that regard. Also, customs and immigration are strict security, but just going through security at the Canadian airport when you're leaving, they won't be so gung-ho about strip searching (and x-rays won't do anything about brownies). People warn about dogs, but I fly a lot and have never seen drug dogs at the airport. I'm not condoning bringing some brownies with you, but it might just work . . .
    If you get busted, just tell them it's my fault.