Being friends with your ex

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by ebola weed, Mar 29, 2013.

1. So I've got this ex - we had a rollercoaster of a relationship. Months ago we planned to give it another go but she was being shady and was two-timing me and her current boyfriend (he had no idea). Now I'm half way across the country. A week ago she texts me. We had a friendly conversation, and I said goodbye because it felt awkward, then today, before I boarded my plane, she sends me a link to a song -- Drake - Shot for me - we all know that song. I didn't reply to it, because I didn't know what to say to it.

Anyways, I'm wondering. Is it possible to friends with an ex? Anyone have any experience with it? I have no intentions of ever hooking up with this girl ever again.

2. Nah man that's fucked. Just tell her current bf what she's doing. Cuz that's fucked bro.

3. I was cheated on by almost every girl i ever dated so no, but if it didn't end that way we would probably be good friends.

I sure knew how to pick em' back in the day.

4. I know that you gon hear this: I'm the man
    Yeah I said it! Bitch I'm the man
    Don't you forget it
    The way you walk, that's me
    The way you talk, that's me
    The way you've got your hair up: did you forget that's me?
    And the voice in your speaker right now: that's me
    And the voice in your mirror: that's me
    Can't you see that I made it? Yeah I made it
    First I made you who you are, then I made it
    And you're wasted with your ladies
    Yeah I'm the reason why you always getting faded

nigguhs hate on drizzy but he spits from the heart, you can tell hes had it broken before

5. Works just fine if it ended on good terms and both parties are genuinely over one another. Other than that, no.It is usually the latter with most people. I'm friends with almost all of my exes, they come to my boyfriend and I's place, we grab dinner, hang out. It's genuine. It's possible.

6. Honestly, I'm speaking from experience this has happened to me pretty much the way you are explaining it, she likes the way you lay down the pipe. She wants your D

Sent from my MyPhone using GC Forum

7. Oh I know she likes the way I put it down, but she had her time. Coulda had me for life if she wasn't such a.. you know. Our relationship was best described as - sour. It was high school love. We have quite the history.
    I would tell her boyfriend about her shadiness, however, I don't really like him, and I don't really wanna talk to him at all.

8. Just saying man... Fuck buddy in your near future if you play your cards right. And im talking bout when and wherever you call... Well you know

Sent from my MyPhone using GC Forum

9. I've been in quite a few relationships, and I'm only "friends" with two of my ex's.

It's an interesting dynamic, but over time.. it faded into a normal friendship. :confused_2:

10. I don't know that Drake song thank god but I can imagine the shit it says :rolleyes:

Leave it alone. She's your ex for a reason and she has nothing to offer. Move on.

11. #11 Draaa, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    When your friends with your exs it means one of you still like each other....it's going to be like reading an old chapter, nothing is going to change. It could lead to you missing out on other relationships because youre still talking to your ex. In contrary you both could end up being friends if youre both mature about it and understand that you 2 didnt work out

This guy I was talking to was still in love with his ex but tried to move on from the breakup but he eventually went back to his ex. She's so crazy and always wants drama in their relationship so now the dudes regretting it. Unfortunately he screwed me over in other situations so i'm basically done with him...he missed out.

12. Out of all the mutually agreed "lets be friends" situations, the one break up where we mutually hated eachother is the one that turned into a friendship.

13. Well we mutually hated each other for awhile, it could turn into a friendship, but I'm going to stay away for a bit.

14. not unless you're getting pussy

15. Some of the most uccessful people In the world got that way, because they simply knew when to cut a tie with someone, and when to establish an extremely strong tie. In your case, I would advise against this. If you have nothing to gain from a relationship with this individual, especially after the first tries failed, then it is not worth your resources.

16. Yeah I'd stay away from the BF. However if the girl legit cool broad as a friend, definitely possible. I'm friends with my last ex. At first it was a little strange I'll admit. Both ways really it was strange for a good month, then after that initial month I think we both mentally accepted we won't ever be together again and we could easily just be friends since we have a lot in common, know each other well, enjoy doing shit together and cracking each other up. If both people can be mature it's actually not difficult to remain friends. But don't pursue a just friends relationship if you think there is any chance one of you will catch feelings because then things will get dicey.