Being friends with women.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by BleachdAddy, Jan 3, 2012.

1. I don't know about anybody else, but in my life it's really hard to be "just friends" with a woman. This semester at school I ended up having sex with my female best friend and it made the semester awesome but I also ended up falling in love with her which just led to heartbreak, for which I had no sweet female friend to talk to ya know? I made friends with this lesbian girl too and she's awesome. However, we recently shared a pretty passionate kiss, which makes me have non-friend feelings for her as well. In my whole life I've never really had any female friendships, all of my friends have been other guys. Throughout high school I saw females as an object to be conquered rather than people to bond intimately with and as such I've always associate the opposite sex with sex and intimacy. I think it would be really nice to have a girl that I could be true friends with so I could share my secrets and be myself without having the pressure or pain involved. At the same time, I feel like the only way to achieve this would be to find a girl who I just am not attracted to at all to be my friend. It's just that I really can't control myself when I'm alone with a lady and I won't ever deny sexual advances if I'm attracted. Is there anyone else out there that has difficulty being an actual friend to a woman.

2. girls arent as cool as guys. Thats why your guyfriends will always be 10x more fun to hang out with. God gave girls a vagina so they could at least have SOME time with their men.

3. Simple solution. Get a friend you're not attracted to, set limits, and stick to them. Practice some self control.

4. Get a girlfriend you actually like so no heartbreak?
    I don't see any girl getting close to a guy in the way you want, and the girl not start falling for him... if shes at the point she will listen to you talk for extended time there's already the physical attraction, and you're supplying all the emotional attraction
    sounds like what keeps happening to you

5. bad idea maybe a lesbian there nice to chill wit

6. #6 married2mj, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
    Wrong. Girls are cooler and better friends than guys. You just haven't found the right one.

Neither have i but thats another issue..

7. lol, I feel sorry for ya dude, but I had to post this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA]Why Men and Women Cant be friends - YouTube[/ame]

8. LOL that video is gold holy shit

9. Yeah lol it really is. Even though, of course, some of the interviews contrary to the point could have been cut out, it still shows how the male mind works.

Girls are so innocent :rolleyes:

10. It is kind of amazing how naive girls are. Ladies if you're even moderately attractive and offered it up to your dude friends, they'll take it, trust me, they won't even hesitate if they thought it was a possibility.

11. Yeah, remember that thread where you were supposed to text people for hookups just blatantly? Perfect real life example :laughing:

12. Hahahahah this thread is like my life story. If you want a friend that's a chick, find a Forsure lesbian. If you want a chick to be your friend and you want to keep it that way, don't look for chicks you find attractive.

13. Alright so the whole reason I'd like to have a girl for a friend is because I like them better than guys. Guys try to prove their manliness and I just feel like whenever I chill with a new friend that's a guy as opposed to a girl there is no legitimate bonding that goes on. Girls are much more compassionate and allow you to be yourself around them in my experience. With regards to that whole video, I feel like that could go either way. Those girls for sure have other guy friends where it is clear that there is no chance that either party will fuck the other. I have some more distant friends who are girls that originally perhaps liked me but I turned them down or was with other women around them. It's not a question of whether guys and girls can be friends, it's possible, but whether they can be close friends or best friends that's questionable.

14. I kind of like them.

15. That's why you find a girl that you can be both friends with and intimate with too

16. I'd love to find a girl that is worthwhile that I really love and maintain a relationship. At the same time, I sort of have a desire to be with more than one woman considering that I am in college. So if I'm being honest with myself I don't know that I'd be a good boyfriend. I don't know if I could be faithful and to be honest I've never had to test it out because I've never been in a long term serious relationship.

17. You must hang around some whack ass dudes.

All my homies are chill as fuck. We're all best friends, if you acted like something you weren't around us you'd get definitely get laughed at.

The only girl friends I have are less attractive, or I dont wanna bone them. Thats just human nature man, you get a friend whos a girl and she's hot as soon as you get to know her you'r gonna wanna have sex with her. Reproduction is a bitch like that.

18. more like something you thought they weren't...

19. Holy shit, I'm now in the same situation as you once were (or still are? With the other girl?). Just need some advice, ideally. She's been a good friend for the past 3 years, no doubt she is my best woman friend. And I always stop over once a week to catch up, listen to music, watch films and so forth. Inevitably we've been getting closer, with the stroking, cuddling, arm around her . .

Last week we kissed, and carried on kissing . . then I really had to go for the bus. Now I'm seeing her again this week for our regular catch up, only this time it's going to be different right?

Guess I'm just looking for advice, I don't want to ruin our friendship.

20. Damn man three years. I only knew these girls from the beginning of the semester to the end of it so it was more like 4 months. The one that I was in love with is gone forever as she was an exchange student and she had a fiance at home anyways (don't give me shit about it). The "lesbian" one I think I'm still gonna chill with but I don't think I'll ever try to start a relationship with her I just can't love her in that way. I'd definitely bang her though. I hooked up with a lot of other girls (just kissing) but often it was at parties or raves and I wouldn't even get the girls names at the raves I went to. My advice to you would be to go after your friend if you really love her and want to be with her, however, if you truly value the friendship exactly as it is then don't even risk it because a kiss is no big deal but once you fuck someone things change for sure.