Being Friends with an ex?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Blazing Leaf, May 4, 2011.

1. What do you guys think of being friends with your ex? I miss talking too her and she does as well we were like best friends but then we broke up, we were friends for abit then something happen over the weekend at a party I got mad she got mad and now we don't talk I just miss talking too her :( friends with ex's yay or nay?

2. It's hard, you know the person inside and out. It's tough being friends with an ex because once they were your lover and a bestfriend and now they don't want that intimate connection.

I say screw em! You two broke up. There's plenty of other fish in the sea :smoke:

(but hey, if you make it work.. all the more for ya)

3. In my experience it never works out. All you can do is move on and find another fish.

4. guess ill be the odd man out and say its possible.

it may not always be the best situation, but you can make it work.

5. It doesn't work.

6. #6 inkielee, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
    My ex is one of my best friends. We broke up bc we realized we're better off as friends. There never has been an issue of jealousy or any temptation to mess around. So I say yay :)

7. i been trying the friend thing with my ex....it works but it doesn't way to much sexual tension all the time, laying in bed watching a movie together just drives me nuts....and everything brings back to many good memories.....im not gonna lie it's hard at times, everytime i see her i still treat he like my current, but iunno i love it but hate it if you get what im saying...she always tells me she will give me another chance, as soon as i stop growing/ pushing and take school serious which i have been doing minus the growing & pushing but after this year im done, and im try and get her back.....it's hella weird though because as friends i get the do you wanna F**k signals all the time but i always hold off cause i don't want to piss her off....be her friend if you can't be anything else is my advice i rather be with her then without her even if it makes me miserable call me crazy....

8. I have never been able to stay friends with exes. But that's also because the break ups were done on by behalf to better myself. How greedy I know. The times that I did try to stay friends with them, it never worked out nicely so I said fuck it it's not worth my time. Exes are exes for a reason and sometimes you just cant get passed that.

It's possible but it all really depends on the relationship between you two. If there's going to be some/any form of tension, then chances are that will hinder the friendship and make it difficult. Then you have to really think if it's worth it in the end.

When I cut those ties to those people, it felt like a big ol weight was lifted from my shoulders and gave me a sense of feeling that I was finally free of what used would tie me down. Found a whole new source of happiness and freedom that made it worth it in the end.

9. hey you are either there for the dick or the pussy or the torture..............if you aint suckin it or hittin it then fuck it be done with it.
    You aint scorin shit in the big game with brownie points..............unless you want to fuck her little sister or hot best friend.
    ALWAYS the alterior motive for that shit.
    :wave:

10. truth
    :(

11. Dude. Its possible. Screw the people that say its not. Me and my ex are best of freinds. Like shes seriously my greatest friend. And she has a bf and i got a gf.
    I say yay

12. Impossible. Its just so weird/awkward

13. I am trying to be friends with my ex-fiance'. We were together for 4 years, engaged for 2. Let me tell you, all of those talks about our wedding and our future kids and our life, is the only thing I think about when I'm with her now. We are the best of friends, but I still want that intimate connection. And I think on some deep level she still does too, but for now she wants to be single. It's like you are looking at a different person, and you love and hate that person in the same instant. You love her because she held your heart, and you held hers, and nothing came between you two. And at the same time you hate her because she is standing before you and you can't have her. You can have her company, sure. But you can't kiss her. Call her by her "pet name". You can't tell her how much you love her. You can't be the one to make her smile the way she would smile at her soulmate. And all of those things will be reeling in your head, every time you two hang out. That is my current situation. And the worst part is, I will continue to hang out with her, just so I can have some type of contact with her...And I will always hold onto a more than likely false hope that she'll take me back.

14. Fuck I hate that overused quote. That's what my ex's mom said about me to my ex-girlfriend. "Ex's are ex's for a reason.." I mean, that shitty low-blow quote could be used on almost anything. :mad::mad::mad:

Anyways, one of my ex's requested to be a friend on facebook. Thing is, I haven't made ANY contact with her in YEARS. The last time I saw her, she was sucking on my bestfriends face back in 05' which felt bad man cause i was still hopelessly in love with her. :rolleyes:

15. that describes my situation to a T

16. At the end of our relationship we were basically only best friends. So we're currently trying to be friends, but I don't know how long that will last. I can't imagine him not being in my life a little bit, and telling him things.... but we're not completely over each other (or I'm not at least) so theres no way we can be friends the way I want to be...

break ups suck dick.

17. It can work, it's just akin to torture if you do manage to stay on good terms. In my experience it just magnifies the loss of the relationship.

18. I never go for such relations because we cant do justice with the relation, when we broke up, then there is no need of such stupid be friend type thing. There are so many girls find some one else, or if you want her to be your friend and still you like her, then what is the matter of breaking relation, you guys can carry on with it.

19. Best thing I've ever read on the city. Also the saddest. Either way thank you.

20. Don't forget that these feelings change with time and you will see her differently as time goes by. I used to desperately love this chick who now is a distant memory and a total stranger. I would love to be a small part of her life because I give a damn about how she is doing and appreciate her for the intelligent, trustworthy person that she is. I could use someone like her in my life and I don't see why a platonic relationship is out of the question.