being dead

Discussion in 'General' started by freshlyground, Nov 12, 2011.

1. how long can you be dead before the doctors give up or like after a heart attack and such.

arent you techinically dead when youre heart stops but you can come back? so you were dead for that long.

well how long can you be dead before you really are dead.

ps. have any of you guys ever died for like 4 mins or something?

2. im dead right now man

3. hahaha hopefully a paramedic blade or something will come. I'm intensely curious about this as well

4. yea i mean i was playing some black ops cause i dont have the new one, anyways after a few bowls

and im playin its me that old crazy russian guy beating some assholle to death with glass in his mouth. that part of the story

if i were that guy i would induce a heartattack, die, then the guys killing me would peace, i get a homie to call 911 and its all good.

so how can you use being dead for your advantage?

5. I'm not a professional, but it most states you are dead if the brain activity is no longer there. There are many variables, but people can be kept alive forever with the machines they have now; but that doesn't really make a difference.

I'd say about 5-10 minutes.

6. damn. i know youre not a proffesionl but i believe it.
    so being in a coma is actualy being like 1/2 dead

7. Some people can be pronounced dead for a few seconds up to a couple of minutes and come back. My cousin OD'd and collapsed on a city street and was brought to the hospital and had been pronounced dead for about 3 minutes before she somehow came back. Your dead when your brain activity ceases and your heart rate stops. (as far as I know)

8. [​IMG]

9. ha, my bad man

10. Death is so hard to define because our understanding of it's necessary counterpart (life) is based on the evaluation of 7+ criteria. That's not to say death can only be defined as the polar opposite of those 7 criteria, just that you have to consider a lot of factors.

11. #11 freshlyground, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
    alright i realized i havent hit up instant netflix in a while. i enjoy the national geographic ones and i know they have a doc. on "the moment of death" with a blue brain on the cover.

so ill be back with answers

edit: im watching nat geo "inside north korea" instead so, i dont know about those answers

12. Bad ass, I'll have to be watching the moment of death video. I better be able to find it or I'll be pissed

13. Clinical death is when your heart stops beating, and you stop breathing. This is when they can pronounce you dead.

Of course, you could definitely be resuscitated and come back to life after clinical death.

Real death (biological death) occurs about 5-8 minutes later once your brain is fully dead. (IE, once that happens, you ain't coming back to the physical existence.)

14. damn. crazy shit. brain activity after dying, it perfectly helps explain the religious experiences.

like it's simply the brain not getting enough oxygen and that one unmentionable i heard it releases as you die

15. #15 Solipsist NPC, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
    DMT being released upon death, is so far nothing but a myth.

And I think not getting oxygen or blood to the brain, is not a rational explanation for people who experience the conscience living on minutes after clinical death.

And just a thought, lets say there was a afterlife but it wasn't associated with any known religion. If a religious person was to die, and experience a glimpse of this afterlife, they would automatically claim it to be associated with there religion.

That would explain the religious experiences. But it wouldn't explain the claims people with NDE's have made about the conscience continuing on minutes after clinical death.

Of course you could blame there experiences on some kind of purely physical mechanism the brain makes after death. But I think thats a pretty pessimistic close minded view.

16. I'm dead inside

17. Anyone heard of Astral projection?

I'm trying to do it, and I'm convinced its possible. Theres loads of shit on youtube about it.

Anyways, my point is, if Astral projection is true it basically proves the existence of life after death - some vids explain it as being in a different dimension.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqVV2u_1ADA]Spirit Science 9 - Astral Projection - YouTube[/ame]