Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

being called a stoner

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 553110, Jul 31, 2012.

1. I'm fine with being called a stoner or pothead,doesn't bother me.Only when people confuse me with a tweaker or some shit.

2. Stoner is a lifestyle. It's laid back and care free at times. I embrace it when I can

3. Hell yeah thats exactly my thoughts on it and this is why i let it known to everyone i am proud to be a stoner :smoke:

4. I think the word toker is a good word.
    But when people call me a pothead/stoner in an attempt to insult me, I normally smile on the inside. There's no way you can make someone look bad just because they smoke weed. If someone calls me a pothead, it feels the same as someone making fun of my gender/race, it's an insignificant insult. But I do feel pride when one of my friends calls me a pothead. But it is annoying when people call me Spicoli or Hyde or any other stoner names from movies. I feel like they think I'm copying them, which would be lame.

5. I like this thread it's cool. You know, like most of mi family they call potheads/stoners "Marijuanos" Huss means a person who smokes weed. To them they think these "Marijuanos" are like tweaks out, that you can't feel no pain, and that you probably take part in un-mentionable or alcoholics.... It's lame. But what is badass is that they look at me and they are like we are so glad you are such a good son and always have your shit straight.. But in my head I'm like. "AND I SMOKE EVERYDAY BIOOOTCH!" hahah jus kidding but makes me feel proud to be a functioning "marijuana enthusiast" "a toker" and of course 420 friendly!

6. Yeahhh I get "drug addict" and "loser" from my mom...id rather be called a stoner

7. It depends..stoner is more mellow, pothead i feel like an old politician is talking shit to me lol

8. Hehe ur kind of a hardass...i kind of like it and kinda don't but i don't think u care LOL

9. I've been called pothead, stoner, burnout, druggy, wast-oid, burner, doser, whatever....

I still don't care.

My friends call me by my name, and so does my family.

10. My friends and I call each other stoners ahaha have never really thought of the term in an offensive light

11. i get annoyed when i get called pot head but i honestly dont really give much of a shit

12. "Druggy" is more of an offensive term for me, just because I feel that it implies failure. That's about all that bothers me

13. agreed that is much more offensive

14. I definitely agree with that.

15. Ive started calling people who smoke "Trail Blazers"

16. Its better than being called a doper

17. This^

Also, it is kind of a derogatory word, makes me feel like I am looked down upon. But at the same time, fuck it. Anyone that calls me a stoner probably isnt someone I would hang out withor care about to start with, so fuck em.

18. Neither would bother me at all, the only thing about Pothead is I hate the word Pot its a terrible word for weed and just generally irritates me. But getting called a stoner is almost a compliment because if you look at the great stoners (The dude, Saul Silver etc.)There all cooler than an igloo, when I think of stoner it makes me think of a really laid back kind of dopey well meaning bloke!

19. it really annoys me when people who don't smoke use the word stoner. It just reminds of the whole stereotype that people who smoke weed are stupid and slow

20. I just take as much pride in the label as necessary to weaken the stigma intended by those using it as a derogatory term and try not to perpetuate too many negative stereotypes. I stand by my choice to use bud and don't need to worry about insults from people who have no idea what they're talking about.