Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

being called a stoner

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 553110, Jul 31, 2012.

1. do you guys like being called stoners or pot heads? i feel like those are the words people use to make fun of us

i think we should give ourselves a name other than stoners/potheads

how about tree huggers? what do you guys think? :smoke:

2. What are you? 15? It's just a word. Like it or not, you have a habit that some are going to look down on. Deal with it.

3. I've been called a lot worse things than stoner... :p

4. Thanks for answering my post! :D
    fuck you

5. [quote name='"Swingset Virtue"']What are you? 15? It's just a word. Like it or not, you have a habit that some are going to look down on. Deal with it.[/quote]

Ya but for people that medicate.....its an insult....im not a pothead or a stoner.....ima patient that takes meds.

6. [quote name='"yodaweed"']

Thanks for answering my post! :D
    fuck you[/quote]

Hahaha, I am a proud stoner, I do not take offense to the name unless someone means it in an offensive way

7. #7 AlphApe, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Yes, 'tree-huggers' is a much better phrase to describe us based on our habitual past time. :hide:

Jeeeez, fuckin stupid pot-heads...

Edit: please note the sarcasm in the above sentence.

8. I got called a druggy once. In my opinion, stoner is a much better name.

9. Druggy, no, stoner pothead? I FLY THEM COLORS PROUDLY MUHFUCKA, everyone at my shcool knows it teachers and all, and I keep my shit straight so when people look at me they have to go, "how the fuck does he do it?". Stoner has gotten a negative connotation, we just have to prove people wrong.

10. And? It's an insult. It makes no difference in your life unless you for some reason still have the emotional stability of a 13 year old girl.

11. wow your not very nice :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  12. I don't understand why people would use the word stoner/pothead anyways, if they havent smoked then tell them to man up try it and join the r-e-v-o-l-u-t-i-o-n.

13. Sorry I don't make everything sound nice and sweet for your poor ears, but a pit of spikes is more motivating than a golden sky.

I haven't really said anything mean, I've just said that it's pointless to focus on something so small and insignificant. How is that mean? It's just another shackle on your ankle.

14. I wouldn't mind bein called a druggy. Definitely no problem with pot head or stoner :laughing: I would be pretty offended if somebody called me a tree hugger tho :confused:

15. Nigguh I don't hug no trees, I cut them down to make space for my growfields......

16. Whenever someone refers to me as a stoner, whether they're trying to put me down or just saying it innocently I correct them and say "I'm not a stoner, I'm a marijuana enthusiast"

To me "stoner" and "pothead" are derogatory terms and while they may be harmless, there's nothing I hate more than some self righteous asshole trying to put me down because my drug of choice is different from theirs.

17. I prefer not to be called a stoner or pothead, simply because of the negative connotations tied to the terms. To me, to be called a stoner indicates that I sit around, couch-locked until massive munchies kick in, being completely unproductive,etc. That's not me. I used all sorts of herbs to support my health, some more frequently than others. I smoke on a daily basis because it enhances my day, gives me patience, takes away anxiety, etc (I've got a long list of benefits I like to focus on lol), I am a productive smoker- I'm a housewife who takes care of her family and runs a reasonably neat home, I'm a homeschooling mom who has to cook about 90% of the family's food from scratch (food sensitivities suck), I run a local parenting group, I keep chickens in the back yard, I'll be volunteering on my area's next habitat build. So to be called a stoner tells me that out of all the things a person could take away about me and the way I live my life is that i use cannabis, which is really selling me short and I don't appreciate that.

On the flip side, maybe someone will call me a stoner, and then realize that "potheads" are more than just couch-locked layabouts. Maybe seeing a productive "marijuana enthusiast" (love that term Tetra!) will help get rid of that negative stigma.

Crap, I'm rambling. Sorry lol

18. I don't consider myself a stoner. I usually smoke at least one bowl out of my bong a day but I break the stoner stereotypes

19. Tree Hugger?

I do not hug trees, I smoke em.

Thank you.

20. [quote name='"Spice Of Life"']I prefer not to be called a stoner or pothead, simply because of the negative connotations tied to the terms. To me, to be called a stoner indicates that I sit around, couch-locked until massive munchies kick in, being completely unproductive,etc. That's not me. I used all sorts of herbs to support my health, some more frequently than others. I smoke on a daily basis because it enhances my day, gives me patience, takes away anxiety, etc (I've got a long list of benefits I like to focus on lol), I am a productive smoker- I'm a housewife who takes care of her family and runs a reasonably neat home, I'm a homeschooling mom who has to cook about 90% of the family's food from scratch (food sensitivities suck), I run a local parenting group, I keep chickens in the back yard, I'll be volunteering on my area's next habitat build. So to be called a stoner tells me that out of all the things a person could take away about me and the way I live my life is that i use cannabis, which is really selling me short and I don't appreciate that.

On the flip side, maybe someone will call me a stoner, and then realize that "potheads" are more than just couch-locked layabouts. Maybe seeing a productive "marijuana enthusiast" (love that term Tetra!) will help get rid of that negative stigma.

Crap, I'm rambling. Sorry lol[/quote]

You hit it the nail on the head!

I appreciate people like you!

what really bothers me is when im at a co-op and the tenders use words like "bomb" "stoned" "high as shit/hell" or "dank". It is what it is...if its not tested I dont bother....

Right now smokn some og kush 18.88% thc and 2.27% cbd....and its some really good medication. Not dank bomb or fire.....dank or funk are words I use to describe a smell.....like this og has that funk!

I hate stoners if someone called you that then go take a long look in the mirror and ask? "am I a stoner/pothead or do you stay medicated?

It feels so good not to put your self under that category....so dont...just educate medicate and stay straight!