Behind the Scenes Video of Recording (Rap Artist from Toronto)

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Geebo, Jan 14, 2013.

1. #1 Geebo, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
    Hey everyone, you might've stumbled upon one of my previous threads - one of which I still update weekly, with Instrumental Beats which are free to use for non-profit.

Anyways, I was left with a free day to make a beat, write some lyrics, and film a decently mundane video. I thought that regardless of the mundane characteristics of the video, it would be better than just looking at a picture (as usual). I spent pretty much the whole day doing this.

Now, to clarify a couple things, one of my biggest problems with the video is that the microphone was blocking my face - but so be it, I did every shot by myself without being able to find the wireless remote to my camera, so it involved a lot of walking back and forth. Also, I'm no singer - but I do my best. I also threw in some subtitled lyrics to make it easier to follow along.

That being said, I'm pretty happy with the final product considering the fact I was doing this as a one-man-crew in one day from scratch.

Subscribe to me if you like the other stuff on my page, I update often.

Watch in HD! :smoking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNtg1-6bWMI]It's Okay, It's Alright - GBO (Behind the Scenes Video) - YouTube[/ame]

2. I really like your delivery - solid on that.

I just wish your drums were more interesting, but props. Definitely did a good job on this one.

3. Thanks man! I appreciate the compliment.

I definitely hear ya about the drums. I feel like I lack the variation on drum patterns in a lot of my songs! To be honest I was rushing the whole production near the end and let some things slide.

Thanks for taking the time to listen, and to comment!

4. Im pretty impressed man, thats awesome that you do it all! I loved the flow you had through it

5. It still sounds really solid, both in mixing and sound choice, but yeah, it could sound a little more diverse (the drum programming). But there's always next time. :wave:

6. Thanks man :) I really appreciate it!

7. Thanks man, and Yep! Always next time! I'm getting a friend who's going to film school to film a legitimate music video instead of me doing a one-man-crew film session, so stay tuned for that!