beginning to think I should be on a different forum

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tinman265, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Have posted questions twice about when to transplant and what to transplant into and had over 500 views on first time and almost at 200 on this one with ZERO responses... Should I just join a different forum? Are the people here too stuck up to help the new guy? What is going on?

2. #2 Hypoxic, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    Cause it's been answered a million times and a simple use of the search function would provide the answers you seek. No one is gonna do your homework for you, that's a simple thing to research and learn about. Tons of videos on youtube.

Do you wanna learn how to grow or be told how to grow? That is the question people reading your question are asking themselves.

3. #4 nomad881, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    Transplant time and Watt you plant into is subjective. I doubt any 2 growers do it exactly the same. But Ya the question has been answered a million times, just look. A keyword search of"transplant "should yield some results. Just remember no 2 plants grow the same. So what works for 1 won't work for all

Edit: hahaha ic you did Watt I was thinking while I was writing
    knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

4. I have "looked", "searched" etc. MANY MANY times. I find TONS of stuff about soil transplants.  About moving your clones that you grew aeroponicly or bubbleponicly without them being in any media at all. I didn't actually post my question or picture here in this post because I had a post asking the question that no one responded too. So since I have the attention of some of you maybe you can help to ease a first time growers mind.

I have these rooters, roots are sticking out. I know if you let plant roots get dry that's a VERY bad thing. I know if you drown them that's a bad thing. So I here I am, not quite grasping how to keep them wet but not drowning.  In what? clay in a solo cup, clay in net pot in the giant aeroponics rig that I have that seems like WAY too much for the plants as they are currently, how are the roots not going to dry out if I use the solo cup and only watering twice a day?  Should I try to use the rooter in the top of the aeroponics rig to hold the weight of the plant? Feels like if I try to hold all that weight by the tiny little stem its just going to pull the plant down till it gets to the first node and that's all that will be sticking out is the leaves.  I have searched the shit out of what to do at this point and all it leaves me is confused, and worried that Im gonna screw it up.

Attached Files:

5. @Hypoxic 

I want to learn but if I lose the entire crop at this stage I will have learned almost nothing without at least discussing what was happening and how to proceed with some other people that have been doing it.

This is my first grow and I (probably) went a little too far  Because I built a sealed room, 4'X8' with 4 different dedicated circuits a 1000W cooltube light, digital programmable thermostat for the heater, humidifier with humidistat, circulating fan, its drywalled, insulated, vapor barrier, and mylar on every surface, and the list goes on. Point being I would like to at least get my plants large enough to benefit from that room. I am 3 1/2 weeks from seed and the stems are thinner than pencil lead.

6. Well 1st of all is that what your plant is growing in that small bag ? Get it in some soil an dgeta fan on it to make your stems strong.

7. That's a rapid rooter not a bag. And not really interested in soil.

8. So this is your 1st grow and your doing hydro?

9. You should be getting your info from multiple sources anyway, the best way of doing something becomes more apparent that way.

Check similar grow threads with lots of posts too, the easiest way if you're just starting out is find someone that has had the success you want then copy them. 

10. Did you have a place to put your seeds when you began germination? A plan? If you dont want to use soil for some reason, then you need all the complex tools and proper hydroponic equipment.

Why dont you want to use soil? Sounds like you can afford the right stuff. All you do is soak a seed untill it sinks, make a half inch hole with your finger drop the seed in, gently pack around it and then water until saturated; place a plastic bag over your solo cup with a couple toothpick holes and you have a germination dome. Keep it warm like 75 ish and wait a few days. BAM! Instant weed plant.

No stress about your seed sprouting a root and drying out, no chance of "oh fuck shit" i busted a tap root.

My opinions on germination.

11. If you are in a bubbleponics system you should have a drip tube to feed it till the roots hit the water . If you are in aeroponics It should get enough moisture. Put it in your net pot with  hydroton if thats what you are using  you can give it a little drink if need be. I dont understand your question about holding the plant up  the hydroton holds the rapid rooter which holds the plant. I have only grown in bubbleponics and soil.

12. I have seen people use the cover to hold the plant up. Then you don't use a pot. It just hangs being sprayed by the aeroponics rig. No media at all. But given the diameter of the stalk and the weight of the rapid rooter when wet it seems like It would just pull the plant down.

13. #14 Iamaries54, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    yes but bare root from a clone not from  a seed in a RR  You need to set the RR  on the bottom of the net pot and support it with hydroton or lava rock . It will get enough moisture 

Ask over at the beginners section there are people there who are more help oriented 

14. It happens. Sorry man If it's a quesiton regarding anything except growing I'd be more than happy to help you.

15. Welcome, tinman! Sorry to hear you're having teething troubles. Please keep in mind that some of us are here daily and entry-level questions become a bit monotonous outside the beginner's area.

If you really want to learn and have read on GC a but, you probably notice that many experienced growers encourage soil for the first few grows. The reason for this is that soil is much more forgiving than hydro, especially at the beginner level. You (and your plants) will have less stress with soil is time round. Through your first few grows you'll learn alot about the cannabis plant life cycle and the technical aspects, it's alot of info in itself. We want you to have a good experience, quality and yield so that you can develop and help others yourself.

If you arrive humble and demonstrate in your posts that you've done some initial research, others will jump in with advice. This really is one of the best grow forums out there, but we're all tokers like you and not paid support staff, so be cool. Fyi, there is a standard template around here somewhere that lists all the data posters are expected to provide when requesting assistance (genetics, lights, nutes, soil/hydro). You'll get more input for your actual setup if you use that. You dont want "bad" or inappropriate advice either.

I know you've invested alot of time and money into your setup and want the best. Help us to help you and let's all get blazed. Cheers!

16. @swissgrower   Thank you.  :)
    I did not realize how much info I should have included and I had some in the actual post I had posted (the one no one responded to). This was more of a rant but turned out to be the helpful thread.
    I am Currently using a 300 watt CFL in small nursery with a heating mat and rinsing out the bottom every couple days but refilling new water in to try to keep humidity higher.

The problem with the beginners section as everyone has stated hydro and aero are not advised for beginners. I have spent hundreds of hours watching videos and reading (mostly on here) what to do... Its one of those "I think I have everything I am supposed to know" until I ended up being afraid of exactly how to transplant with the least possible stress and allow growth.

17. Learn on bagseeds, dont buy and potentially ruin bought seeds.

18. @[member="4ala2sk0a"] I haven't seen a seed in a bag in years. No one around here sells with seeds

19. most hydro growers either start in rockwool or right in the hydroton but as for that peat you can transplant to coco if you want till it gets bigger, or 50/50 perlite/ vermiculite (thats what i started seeds in when i did dwc back int the day) then you can brush most of the stuff off the roots when going to transplant..or put it in your hydroton now and hand water until the roots get bigger