Beginner Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ykcirt, May 14, 2008.

1. Hello, Ive been smoking for awhile and decided that I wanted to grow my own plants. I ordered my seeds from some online site well over a month ago. They have still not come. I have given up hope on them. So, I had a few questions. First off, would it be too late to order new seeds and still be able to get decent plants. I'm not looking to have enough weed for all Amsterdam when I'm done. I will be content with just a handful of plants producing a total of 10 ounces. So, if it were possible to still produce. What is the best way of growing them? How should I start them out? What is a good location? How strong is the smell? What is the best way of drying discretely? So basically just some general information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. Well unfortunately your questions are difficult to answer, as you have a lack of knowledge (no offense) and lack of information provided.
    I am guessing you are trying to grow outdoors, however you havnt stated where.
    You need to start by reading all the stickies and grow resources you can as they will quickly outgrow your knowledge.
    Be prepared!

What is the best way of growing them?
    There are several different ways which are all just as successful.

How should I start them out?
    What, like germination?

What is a good location?
    What, outdoor? They say if you dont feel comfortable pinning a $100.00 bill to a tree next to your grow op, then you havnt found the proper place.

How strong is the smell?
    Assume the worst, the smell is usually strong.

What is the best way of drying discretely?
    There really isnt a descreet way, most will tell you paper bags, however I believe constant fresh air in a warm dark climate is best.

So basically just some general information would be greatly appreciated.
    Again, read up, relying on one post or one person is naive.

3. Ok well more importantly, is it too late?

4. Depends. Where do you live? How much light are you getting now and when does your area go into 12/12? How cold is your area? How humid? Are there safe places to grow? How is the soil in your area?
    Theres also books on the topic of growing that help immensely to answer many questions, you could do a little searching for one of those, they really help.

5. yeah I'm sorry for the lack of information. I live in Massachusetts, right now we're getting highs of high 60's - low 70's, but the weather should break soon. As for humidity, it is neither extrememly humid or extrememly dry. I live behind a lake and I would post likely be growing in the woods near that, but there are patches that recieve a lot of light so I do not think that I will have much problem with light. Also, I am not worried about anyone stubbling upon my plants, it is in a pretty descrete location.

Thanks

6. It's never too late. Cutoff with expensive seeds would be late July to early August. Would also save some for next year though for an earlier start.

7. okay, so I should be okay if I start some plants next weekend. I think I am going to ship my seeds over night and get them from highgrade seeds.

8. if u have at least 90 days frost free you can grow so that isnt an issue as far as seed stock goes i use mandala seeds order time took approximentlay 2 weeks from ordering to recieving. hashberry or speed queen would probably be your best bets as far as strains go . mine have been outside for a month and have seen plenty of 40-45 degree nights and they are stout as every so in your climate and shorter growing season you should have no issues.http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/227520-first-outdoor-speed-queen-grow.html