Beginner NFT systems - Worth it?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Epiphany66, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Hi all, well I am an absolute beginner to growing (obviously).

I am wondering whether these NFT packages designed for beginners are any good. You get all the gubbins with them, including lighting etc. for about £250 (about $500).

Is NFT the best method for beginners? I smoke very little and just want a couple of plants, nothing special. Easier the better. Not gonna be doing anything crazy.

Cheers

2. IMO Hydro is not the best for a first time grower unless you have other types of growing experience. Unless you have a green thumb or are very luckey, I would stick with the large buffer soil gives.

3. I concur with the above.
    But....what makes hydroponics more difficult is it gives you more chances for error. If you study up on it before you attempt to make sure you have all of your bases covered you can do hydro for your first time. The trick is to learn everything about it before actually doing it. You don't want to be two weeks into growing and have probs that you don't know how to fix. If you have the time, money, PH TDS meters, so on and so forth, as well as the aptitude to learn.....then you should be able to do hydro no prob. I have never grown anything in soil in my entire life from start to finish. I started with hydro veggies.

4. yeah ive gone straight into NFT. exactly what they said, read first, study, im having problems but my plants are still growing, only 4-5 weeks left
    PH, PPM, Humidity, Temp, Proper Res Conditions and you will be all g

5. Soil grows are way easier for beginners.
    Much much more forgiving, way harder to mess up.

Old thread.
    Ancient really.
    That bud was smoked a long long time ago.

6. Oh lol. I typed in nft. Yeah didn't realise it was 2008 sorry hahaha

7. as long as your adept a little bit you can start on nft

Attached Files: