Beginner grower.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Austin_cubitt, Jan 10, 2016.

1. I'm a new grower and this is my first grow, I have been in vegetative stage for about 1 1/2 months. Got this plant out of Bush garbage that had seeds and said why shouldn't I grow this. So I saw this a little project to get some bud. Am I doing a bad or good job. No nutrients, just water and soil.

2. [​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Cfl grow

3. Not sure about the size of the grow area, I'd have to get the dimensions. I'm using 150w lights. I only have a fungus gnat problem. I can't seem to ever get rid of the little pests.

4. Apple cider vinegar mixed with cold water and a little dish soap will catch the fliers. You can use sand to suffocate the larvae in your soil. diatomaceous earth is also a good idea. And maybe neem oil but I'm not entirely sure on the last one. I've never had to deal with the buggers thankfully.

check it out https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1388866-Z's-mystery-seed-mayhem

5. I heard of the sand technique, but wasn't sure if it worked. What kind of soil would be good for growing and no gnats.

6. pro mix but there is no nutes in pro mix so add all to feedings plant looks good shes yellowing a bit with a little puplrple stem shes healthy but hungry she wants nitrogen if nutes are out of the question for you go to walmart and find alaska 4in one fish emulsion but its looking good bro

7. Any of the fox farms soils are good although some need amended with perlite or other aeration products. Pro mix is good as mentioned above. Any organic soil or potting soil without time release fertilizer would be suitable. If you can't decide or have trouble finding something, look for seed starter mix- its usually sphagnum peat moss and a wetting agent with lime. It'll get ya by until you can find a more suitable soil. Also may want to check out the organics section to get ideas and great advice in regards to this thread.

check it out https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1388866-Z's-mystery-seed-mayhem

8. Thank looks like some sick bagseed !

definitely a mix, but looks more indica to me, due to the bowing out of the leaves in hte middle, and the larger serrated edges.

do you grow house plants? that guy is looking really good for a thrown together setup.

~Jefm

9. Haha this setup took me 25 mins to make. Everything there was around the house except the lights. I seen Alot of Ppl grow weed, so I thought I might try my brothers starter method with 150 watt lights.