Beginner Grow(Minifridge/Bagseed)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by treeeeez, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Finally got my mini fridge built, setup is as follows:
    3 100 Watt Daylight CFLs
    3 150 Watt Soft White CFLs
    3 pots with holes that im unaware as to what size they are exactly
    some bagseed
    21-7-14 Miracle Gro potting mix
    120mm Computer Case Fan which will be located at the bottom spot featured in the pic below
    Humidifier to keep in the closet
    Wireless Thermometer/humidity reader
    DIY T-Shaped Carbon Filter Exhaust which will be located up to

I know your supposed to keep your lights 1-3 inches from your pots so ill be adjusting the rack as they get bigger and to start i might have to put a couple books or something to elevate the pots for now.
    Check out the pics, and let me know what you guys think. Im thinkin i might have to get the exhaust to be a little bit bigger if heat becomes an issue but once my seeds germinate ill know for sure.

Attached Files:

2. have you checked temps? i started out with a minifridge and tossed it for a cabinet because of heat problems and i only had four 42 watt cfl's plus with two exhaust fans and an intake fan. the fan would be more efficient close to the top near the light than at the bottom.
    also, unless you have a separate area for veg you'll have to go from seed every grow.

3. You said 3 100 watt cfl's but they are really 100w equivalent, not actually 100w. You want around 100 actual watts per plant so look for the smaller wattage on the packaging and use that to make sure you have around 100w per plant. The real 150w cfls are huuuuge and usually come with their own reflector.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DONT USE MG SOIL!!! Your plants will die in 2 weeks!!

Invest in good soil and good nuts... trust me on this... MG soil killed 4 plants of mine once...

Your gunna be hott in that fridge... youll need something to keep the temp down big time!!

You seem to not have much space at all.. Flower them like 2 weeks old...

5. Sounds good mate, although you may been a bit more than 1 fan. just monitor temps. dont stress too much bout mirical grow, i use it and ive had no over nute proplems. good luck mate

6. sorry, forgot to say they were indeed equivalents. Im gonna open up the exhaust a little more and add another fan, then check the temps, I plan on doing the entire grow in this box, and do you guys really think i should start flowering at 2 weeks? that seems really early. ill get back to ya with more info soon :).

7. I'm no expert but 2 weeks doesn't sound like much time, especially for a soil grow. Patience, patience! I veg'd for 2 months and flowering has been another 2 months.

You will end up with a better yield if you let it veg longer because veg is the time for your plant to grow and mature properly.

For example, here is my plant at day 18 (roughly two weeks):

[​IMG]

and here is my plant at 2 months, just before I started flowering:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and here she is now, a week or two from harvest:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, good luck to you :D

8. Im just going off the way my plants grow... In 2 weeks i got about a one foot tall bushy plant. So the plant need 2 months to flower so add another foot and a half...

Its called a MINI FRIDGE for a reason.. its not that big... You would rather have it a bit smaller with more space... then a bit to big with no space which might end up not turning out good...

I mean flower when you want... i have a 8 foot tall room and i flower mine at 2 1/2 and they are right around 5 feet every time...

9. The Small plants are exactly 19 days from sprout... You got Mazar and Skunk#1 Depending on the strain youll have to bloom early.... That mazar has already been topped once... Sativa grow tall... Indica grow short and bushy!! So thats almost 3 weeks in and they are already getting big... Once them roots take place they will grow an inch every 2 days!!

The big plant is JUST about ready to flower... she is exactly 34 days old....

Attached Files: