Beginner breeder tips?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by CALAMITY671, Jan 5, 2020.

1. So yeah noob here. I bred a blue dream male with a female bruce banner 3.

I bred em cuz blue dream is known for it's good yields and and good potency. While Bruce banner 3 has moderate yields but insane potency.

So I was wondering, for a beginner breeder like me, any tips and tricks?

I'd be happy if any veterans would share their knowledge on breeding. Most of my knowledge is from research online, but I want to learn more. The more the merrier.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What exactly are you looking for??? I mean.......you want to use the best genetics you can......so if you TRULY are into breeding good strains and genes........I suggest you grow MULTIPLE plants of each strain you want to use..........pick the BEST genes from those plants.......and use em.............and in order to make the strain more stable......you are gonna want to do it for a few generations............

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah I understand choosing good genetics and stabilizing. I should've been more specific. I was kind of thinking along the lines of having a senior breeder who'd be willing guide me and answer questions. Almost like a teacher.

4. Ok..........I feel ya............but you know HOW to breed........and what needs to be done...........I guess I am still confused on what you are looking for...................take the best genes you can find.........breed em.........then grow em......and then smoke em.........end of story........:love-m3j::RoorRip::passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well yeah I understand what you mean. I guess I'm just kind of worried because I'm new to breeding. As they say, the more you know, the better.

6. Also, does anyone know how long it takes for seeds to mature? I've read 4 weeks, then another one that says 6 weeks. Then another that states it depends on strain and how long your plant flowers for.

7. Six weeks even on 8 week stains, I've done less and germination rates go down under six weeks. Could only get amount 50% of the beans to even sprout, and of the ones that did I would normally have 1-2 runts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you for sharing ur experience! I appreciate it, happy new year