Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Beginner Baking Question(In Distress)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JerBear31, Jan 19, 2014.

1. #1 JerBear31, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have an array of health problems and I'm going to keep this as short as I can. I'm 24 years old, and I have been diagnosed with "Takyasu's Arteritis" at age 15, which is a 1 in 1,000,000 people disease. This has caused my right kidney, and spleen to die. Although I have no symptoms other than higher blood pressure, I don't want to leave anything out. I also (in the past 2-3 years) have had a pretty awful gastrointestinal problem. I use to be a heavy daily smoker and one day I started getting chest pain and short of breath after smoking. I went to the ER in a non-panicking, but precautionary state of mind. My heart was fine, my oxygen was great. This feeling kept happening every time I smoked and I received every single test anyone could get to rule out any serious illness, which was the case. So the gastrointestinal problem was the diagnoses. Although not entirely sure what it was, I was prescribed anti-acid medications which helped the daily chest pains and shortness of breath so we assumed it was GERD. Now til this day this pill has done wonders but one side effect I've gotten from it was extreme nausea. (Better than chest pain and shortness of breath.) Almost anything I eat makes me nauseous but I never actually throw up, I just always feel like I'm going to. I've been to Mayo Clinic twice and my doctor there thinks I have "visceral hypersensitivity". I'm not so sure but whatever, I've done everything I can. Cannabis use to do wonders to me in every single way possible, and I miss it so much. But almost every time I smoke it now it irritates the nerves in my esophagus and/or stomach and causes that chest pain, arm pain, and shortness of breath. It also makes my tummy feel really bloated. When I drink alcohol and smoke, the alcohol seems to calm my hypersensitive nerves a little and then I'm able to tell that cannabis helps my nausea a little bit. (It always has before my stomach problems.) I live in a non-legal state, so it's hard for me to experiment with new things to try and help me. Some things I have turned to are CBD products you can order online. I ordered the Dixie Botanicals CBD tincture and HempVap CBD vape pen. They don't seem to do too much, but the dose of CBD is probably very small in their formulas. One thing I would like to try is something with just a dash of THC and more CBD in it, but I can't get a hold of those buds where I live. But I definitely know smoking cannabis(or vaping) causes gastrointestinal discomfort. So one thing I really want to try is making my own edible. Just in the beginning of my GI problems, I was given a hash sucker for my birthday and I ate it.(My tolerance was still very high at this point.) Eating that resulted in me hunched over on my bathroom floor grabbing my chest because it hurt so bad. I was also almost "tripping" from the amount of THC in it. The chest pain was from esophageal spasms which basically mimics a heart attack. Was NOT fun. Traditional medicine and doctors(even the most prestigious in our country) haven't helped me, now I am turning to you experienced, medicated people. One thing I want to maybe try is creating a very low potency edible that can give me some medical benefit and not get me lit off my butt and cause my nerves to flip the switch into a bad trip again. What would you recommend? I have never made edibles before and rarely tried them. Would I be able to mix the regular Joe "un-named" weed with my CBD tincture to create a higher CBD low THC ratio food or butter or whatever? This is my last resort and only hope, I know there is so much medicinal value in cannabis I want to find the right way that suits me. I have also been locked up 2 different occasions for a small amount of cannabis. One of the times I was given a felony which I still have today because a guy who got caught with heroin set me up for literally an 8th of weed and he walked with no charges whatsoever.(F***ed up world right?) so I have stopped pretty much all cannabis use until I figure out how to use it to benefit me. Any advice, tips, directions, and recipes would be so greatly appreciated and I thank you all so much for taking the time to read this.Sent from my iPhone using GrasForum

2. Anyone? :(Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. For edibles, if you decarb and cook them for longer it should burn away some of the thc and leave a lot of cbd. I can't remember the temps but thc vaporizes at a lower heat. I mean like 4 hours+ in coconut and a bit of other oils
    If you look up badkittysmiles you can learn pretty much everything you need to know
    Also I'm not sure how you would get it but using avb for baking gives you much more of a relaxing effect than a high

4. #4 JerBear31, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    What is aVb?

5. [quote name="2jza70" post="19371529" timestamp="1390182669"]For edibles, if you decarb and cook them for longer it should burn away some of the thc and leave a lot of cbd. I can't remember the temps but thc vaporizes at a lower heat. I mean like 4 hours+ in coconut and a bit of other oilsIf you look up badkittysmiles you can learn pretty much everything you need to knowAlso I'm not sure how you would get it but using avb for baking gives you much more of a relaxing effect than a high[/quote]What is AVB?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. [quote name="JerBear31" post="19371555" timestamp="1390182906"]What is AVB?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]I don't know either but a quick google search leads me to belive it's "already been vaped" ... Like ABC ... Already been chewed... Gum

7. [quote name="JerBear31" post="19371543" timestamp="1390182827"]What is aVb?[/quote]already vaped budSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. [quote name="JerBear31" post="19371555" timestamp="1390182906"]What is AVB?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]already vaped budSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Thanks guys, any other suggestions?? I'm pretty desperate hereSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum