begin flowering to see sex then snap back to vegetative to keep growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dokken6996, Apr 21, 2008.

1. hi i have 26 plants outside of right now all about a foot and a half high and they are strong as hell cuz theyve getting use to the wind. well the thing is i need to get rid of half of these so i wanted to put them in my grow room with 2 400 watt mh lights with fans and the whole bit but i was wondering if its possible to make your plants go into flowering and once they show their sex can u snap them back into vegetative stage by putting them outside since they would be in vegetative stage if they had been outside. or would i have to switch the lights to 18/6 so they for sure are knowing that they should be in vegetative stage. would they keep flowering if i put them back outside. i have read about this in a growbook a long time ago i just want to make sure what i remember is correct before i wreck my plants, thanks

2. You can do this but it might slow them down a bit. Best bet would be just to keep vegging and wait cause most plants will show their sex after about 5-7 weeks of veg without switching to 12/12.

3. And If Push Come 2 Shove And U Get Impatient...You Can Cover The Bottom Branches Carefully For 12 hrs A day while the rest of the plant is still on 24/0.....I've done it a couple of times...I used a dark pieces of tissue paper ( what u find in a box when u get a gift )...won't fully put the bottom branches in total darkness but will start 2 show sex in about 13 - 18 days

4. Dam thats sick.

5. Yea i have sexed a few plants this way before but using black plastic bag.

But to answer the question of bringing in to start 12/12 to then back outside will work.But you will have some really tall plants in the end unless you start training once you get back outside.They will stretch everytime you start the flowering cycle begins.But im with the poster above.You can stress a plant to hermy very easy when messing around with the light cycles.So its up to you.Not sure of your reasons but weigh ure options.

6. You might find it easiest to just cut a clone from each plant, LABEL IT, then place in a glass of water in your grow room under 12/12. They'll show sex within 2 weeks. Cull the males and let the females run. This won't slow/shock the outside plants at all.
    krly

7. Thats the best advise in this thread.

8. i second that:smoke: