before i start growing.. organic autoflower using aerogarden? help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by topofthetrees, Aug 2, 2010.

1. So, basically I'm new to posting here(been reading through everything for the past few weeks though) and new to growing. As you can imagine, I have quite a few questions that I'm hoping those of you with some experience and knowledge can help me with.

First, I need a super stealth, indoor operation. For this, I've come to the conclusion that autoflowering plants in an aerogarden(the tall "deluxe" model with 3 bulbs) is probably my best option. Is this correct? What would you advise? Will I have to worry about odor if I grow 2-3 plants? If so, what should I do about it? Ionizer?

I'm also toying with the idea of using CFL's and lining my cab with a reflective surface to maximize the 20/4 light. Is this a good idea? Are there better ideas?

As far as hydroponics go, what is the best way to grow organically? I figure if I try to make most of what I eat organic, might as well apply that to my extracurricular activities.

I think that's about it for now.. Oh, and what strains would you recommend for this setup? I've had my eyes on Russian Rocket Fuel, SnowRyder, and EasyRyder, but am still unsure.

Any and all help/advise is greatly appreciated!
    I'm so stoked!

2. good idea with the aerogarden deluxe.... i would add some CFLs in the flowering stage.. also i recommend the lowryder # 2.. goodluck

3. Thanks for the tips!
    By 'add some CFLs,' do you mean add additional lights when the plants start to flower, like around the sides and bottom so the bottom part can get light?
    I plan on putting CFLs in the 3 outlets on the Aerogarden, so there will be 3 at the top throughout the whole grow.

4. #4 alteredone, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
    3 cfl's won't cut it unless they are 68w a piece. your yield will suffer unless you can put a decent amount of light on em.

LR #2's are good, barney's flower power is good, and buddha seeds white dwarf was the best i've smoked or grown so far.

5. Thanks for the note on 68w CFLs. I'll be sure to grab those.
    I've not read much about Flower Power.. I'll definitely take a look.

6. Thanks for the note on 68w CFLs. I'll be sure to grab those.
    I've not read much about Flower Power.. I'll definitely take a look.

7. Good luck with the Aerogarden. I used a Pro 200 for my first couple of grows. On those 68w CFLs, I'm kinda piecing together that you want to put 3 of them in the Aerogarden light fixtures? I don't think that'll work. I think you have to get lights made for your particular Aerogarden model. But yeah, some extra lights will be a good thing. Particularly some 2700k CFLs during flowering, if you're sticking with CFLs.

How stealthy do you have to be? Your cabinet might be able to hide your plant, but generally, if you're growing anything really worth smoking, she's gonna stink. I just harvested the Flower Power autoflower, and that little thing was poo-tinkie! I use Ona to help with the smell. It works all right for me. Your mileage may vary.

And since most Aerogardens only have a one gallon reservoir, I wouldn't recommend going with more than two small plants. Plant them as far apart as you can; they'll need the space as they mature.