Before I start Coco ?'s

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by boatbum325, Oct 27, 2020.

1. My questions about starting & sucessfully growing with Coco indoors DTW .

To start will be using Canna Coco & nutes , NL or WW autos from Seedstocker . Believe I'll just try 2 plants for my first attempt . Germinate 3 so if 1 don't make it or is wrong sex I'll hopefully have 2 left . If all 3 make it there's room .

From all I've read it's vital to establish root system in Coco . Would I be better off starting in a 16oz cup or 1.5L Airpot in Coco ? When roots fill out transplant to 2gal Airpots . I'd imagine with autos I'd want them in final pots about 3 weeks old due to short veg period ? Is perelite needed ? Thoughts on layer of Hydroton on bottom of final pot ?

Cal Mag is needed but some has more N than I think is needed with the Canna A/B . I did pick up a jug of Calimagic which is same NPK as the Canna Agent 1-0-0 . Some I saw had as much as 4-0-0 .

Start light on the nutes . Seedling light feed of Canna Start , Rhizo . 3 or 4 sets of leaves probably time for bigger pot & auto feeding . IMHO best advice was learn to read your plants . Since I'll be running a small res with auto fed drip rings I plan to use the following in addition to the Canna lineup : Drip Clean , Hydroguard , Super Moist & Silica Blast .

Have also wondered if any additional Mykos , trace elements , B vitamins would be of help or a waste of money . DTW multi feeds with overflow constant flow of fresh nutes just might flush all that out before it can do its thing .

Got more light & venting than needed so I won't be fighting that . Have to pull 2 new circuits from the panel for tent & gear . Then setup , test run it all etc . Should prove to be a good chance to learn more . Any input or tips , I am all ears .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FYI: With auto's, begin nutes at 1/8-1/4 of published amount and work up from there. Auto's burn pretty easily.