been out of the game a while. advice?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by wtfjusthappened, May 19, 2012.

1. I just got out of a long term relationship with a girl and its kinda left a bad taste in my mouth as far as relationships go so I don't mind being single for a while. But I really do want to get back into the whole dating scheme eventually. I feel in a way that my ex almost trained me how to be with her and only her so idk what to do from here. She was a very moody and self centered person. She's the type of girl who puts her "image" above what really matter. For instance if I evner messed up in the slightest she made Damn sure everyone and there dog knew about it and it would always be a twisted version making me look like a complete dick. Yet if she messed up and I told a single soul she would give me the hatred silent treatment like I just commuted the worst crime ever. She cheated on me and I didn't even tell my best friend until we were over. Needless to say her constant gossip and the need to be the center of attention made me loose most of my friends. And basically any girl I know has a twisted view of me bcs of her. I feel like my dating options are non existent simply because she convinced the world I was a douche. I wanna get out and meet new people but I don't even know where to start. Another thing I feel like since me and her were together so long it even effected me sexually. I feel like I "learned" what she liked in bed, but that's not necessarily what a future mate will like. Im a nervous wreck. I don't even want to approach or talk to a girl im interested in because I feel like im an idiot. Im not nearly as smoothe. I mean seriously what adult should be scared to approach a woman? Anyway I would love some dating advice and tips for someone who just got out of a long term relationship. Thanks

2. see, ok i just got out of a 4yr relationship myself and definitely had to get back in the game. Main thing that i can tell you is hit on ever chick you want, ask them for their numbers etc. What's the worst that's gonna happen? She'll say no? Ok on to the next one. See, i become a huge man whore when i'm single and especially after i get out of a relationship. My self confidence is high (even though she left me for someone else, you'd think it'd be otherwise) and i holla at every girl i want.

So yea just get back out there dude, and dont' be scared of rejection. There'll be another broad there in 10 secs and you can try again. and again and again.

3. The guy above me just summed it up, hit on any one youd like. Also be happy, they are attracted to happy dudes, be cocky to they will flock to you. :D

4. Thanks for all the advice. I know iv been getting better. I kinda wanna get out of this place maybe get some college under my belt. Im sure ill meat plenty of chucks there. On a ligher note iv been dry for two weeks, got the bright idea to scrape the resin out of my bong and holy hell im way more baked then I expected lol.

5. Everything that has been said AND hang out with the homies more.

6. I have been. Going through this really showed me who my true friends were so I hang whenever possible.