Been a minute.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Reth, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Thought I would show what I've been up to. Got into a biotech company and we do rejuvenation and virus removal for THC and Hemp cultivars. 20220328_170441.jpg 20220622_102536.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, some bits I may not know or im not allowed to explain but I will try to my fullest capabilites.

3. download - Copy.jpg

Give us a run down of it all...processes, objectives, how you quantify next steps :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. You give us a cutting from a plant. We take meristems an shoot tips off the crop. Toss em in our lab for tissue culture work (takes about 6months to a year depending on how loaded with viruses or how degraded the cultivar is.) Grow em up in the media as you saw in the pics. Once they get big enough we toss em into our grow room. We start them in plugs an then move onto 3-4inch pots and increase the size depending on how much we need to get. Up to 3 gals. The plants we get from TC are genetically pure. Call them Gen 0. You get cuttings from Gen 0 so in turn your getting a Gen 1 plant free of viruses, yields and potency will be huge compared to what you had before.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. cool.

how are viruses discovered and removed? Can you elaborate on what a degraded cultivar is and what goes into that determination?

• Like Like x 2
  6. We have in house virus testing makes our jobs super easy. Can take samples myself an drop it off over at the lab an have the results in a day. Well most growers use clones and cuttings up here, they don't have the time to grow from seeds. So alot of their genetics have degraded horribly. Like they could be on Gen 5-8. Even then your mothers only last about 6 months to a year before you have to trash them an regrow or up mother new cuttings.

We also send out cultivars to labs to have them grown so we can test yields, potency, etc. Here's a half oz of some in house we had grown for us. .pending-1656527969-20220125_164106~2.jpg

7. An to top it off for some you growers. We work with some big names you guys have bought from as well I can't go into specifics but they are well known in Cali.

8. Cookies? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. But pretty much it's cloning with a few extra steps to ensure they get quality genetics for their clones. We have over 15,000 plants in just tubes and jars.

10. So do they focus more on streamlining the process to produce consistent good products or are they interested in trying to produce superior products with higher THC and other cannabinoids?

Sent from my SM-S124DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. That is dependent on the grower and what they want to do with their cultivars. We just ensure rejuvenation of the strain and virus removal.

12. Do they breed at all or they just make good cultivars of different strains?

Sent from my SM-S124DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well see it's a little difficult up here to add new inventory once your already established with a license. That's something you would have to ask an owner directly how they do that. Because all I know is once you give your inventory/strains over to liquor board commission, those are what you legally can have on your premises.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1