Been 6 years - need advice,

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RandomUser420, Jan 20, 2016.

1. #1 RandomUser420, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
    Haven't grown in awhile for several reason. In Southern Ontario, hour out of Toronto. Ready to get back into it. But a LOT smaller this time. Previously only done hydroponics. and a bit larger.

I have secret Jardine L90 (http://www.secretjardin.com/en/grow-tent-secret-ja...) Basically a 2'x3' tent separated into a 2'x22" flower/grow area and a 2'x26" clone/mother area.

I have a lot of lights/ballasts (4x24w t5 sun blaze, digital 250w and 600w ballasts and MH and HPS bulbs of 250w, 400w, and 600w), vortex fan 4" and 6", carbon filter, from previous grows.

I'd like to do soil or soil-less. I lean towards soil-less. But, I need to set it up as cheap as possible as I am on Disability and of a fixed income.

Questions:

Plant count? I was thinking 1-3

Container size: 2 gallon grow bags ok?

Medium: No clue what to use for soil less mix. I will do some research. any advice is appreciated.

Nutrients? I only have experience with Advanced Nutrients for large Hydro setup. no clue what to use for soil-less?

Lighting. Does it make any sense to start out with the smaller lights once in the grow chamber? like progress from 250 MH -> 400 MH -> 600MH -> 600 HPS ?

I plan on keeping 1-3 bonsai mothers. 1 to start, but adding different strains for variety. Starting with feminized seeds.

2. With that amount of space, I would say 1 or 2 plants is going to be your max....probably better to do 1 actually. You can probably fit 2 in there but it's going to get crowded and I think you can harvest more from 1 plant that has all the right conditions than you can by overcrowding and putting 2 in the same space. But with your obvious past experience, training can play a big part in the space you do have. I would flower with the biggest strongest light I had. No need for switching out bulb sizes. As far as soil less mix, don't have a clue. I grow in soil. Good luck! TWW

3. #5 RandomUser420, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    I've been looking into it. Hempy Buckets w Coco definitely seem like a good way to go and would suit my space. Thanks!

Would a SCROG help increase yield in my grow size? I don't have a tonne of vertical space. Entire tent is only 53"

4. Well thanks for the suggestions, Justenoughforme. I started my hempy's today. I just had a bunch of bagseed I had germinated into solo cups before even making this post.

Full disclosure: I made some stupid mistakes with the solo cups. I used a miracle grow soil and no nutes because that was what I had at the time and was short on cash. They ended up getting kind of sickly looking. But when I finally got my nutes the perked right up.

These are bag seed so no clue on sex. I took the three best and put them in hempy buckets. I figure I have good enough odds to get one female that way. I have two other ones that were doing well in the solo cups, so rather than toss them, I kept them and plan on making some ghetto hempy buckets out of 2 litre bottles .

Thanks to those of you on here who offered help. And the good people of reddit who also helped.

I'll make a new thread to start a grow log.

Thanks again!