Beef jerky

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by progenitor04, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Was bored so decided to make some beef jerky ive been marinating, drink some oe and smoke some bud tonight. Since im always up late y not.. Its 30 degrees out here and it feels good, left over meat over the fire makes for nice night

2. Sounds like a nice night, sounds like one we do here often.

3. [quote name='"The3amJunkie"']Sounds like a nice night, sounds like one we do here often.[/quote]

Ya it was all good till i spained my ankle haha, but i jus brushed it off, and felt it this mornin wit a hang over.. I drank 3 40 oz and a 22 and of coarse blazed and came out wit the best beef jerky ever!!

4. awesome! my dad makes some bangin beef jerky! hes a huge stoner too hahah beef jerky is da shit

5. [quote name='"p00nd"']awesome! my dad makes some bangin beef jerky! hes a huge stoner too hahah beef jerky is da shit[/quote]

I agree its perfect if u got some meat layin around thats goin old or w/e

6. Hey guys. Read this thread a day or 2 ago and decided I wanted to try making my own. My uncle has some wild boar in his freezer from a month or 2 ago. Would that be a viable meat for making jerky? I've had beef, caribou, moose, and elk jerky, but not boar. I also had alligator jerky, once. It was from a guy on the side of the BLVD in Fresno. He was opening a meat import shop or a rare meats resturaunt or something. THAT wasn't half bad. ;)

7. wild boar will deff werk how u plan on doing this?.. i wish we had a resturant like that over thatd be awsome

8. Walking in the dark is no joke bro my dad broke his ankle last summer drinking in the dark lol be careful out there. BTW if i had to choose one food for the rest of my life it would be jerky. When im eating it, it makes me feel like a mountain man in the days of beaver trapping. Which is when i would of chosen to be born if i had a choice but i got screwed there lol so i reminesce on it eating beef jerky.

9. deer jerky is the shittt

10. i sprained it running to my car drunk! from shaws i sprained it on the first step ahaha it was a cold night.. its an awsome snack and if u make em right its like sex in ur mouth.. i agree wit u though if i had to choose one food for the rest of my life itd be jerky and mixed nuts wit rasins.. i wish i was born furthur back in time as well, such a shame im living in this time era i dont mind it, i find it fascinating the werld we live in today, but not my fortay

11. which reminds me to ask my uncle for some.. thanks

12. touche bro touche

13. Ahh i need jerky now

14. Yea I'm not sure if it was a restaurant or a meat shop. I'll have to ask my girl about that one. I believe she got their card. Apparently he imports the meat; I'm not sure if it's dried or he makes the jerky.

As for my jerky, I'm still working on aquiring the strips. He's got 1 slab left so he's got to cut my slices and cook the rest. Not sure when he's going to get around to it.