Becoming a hot dog vendor

Discussion in 'General' started by LovingTree, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Sup guys, i've been doing a lot of research on becoming a hot dog vendor, and I feel like there's a lot of money to be made in this business. Everyone has to eat ya know

Sure your cart might cost 1 grand to start up, but the profit is there. In fact, I feel like you can make more money on this than normal jobs. (Better than min. wage)

Does anyone have experience selling hot dogs off a cart? I have researched and I saw many claim to make a living off this job.It would be a great weed job too

2. Hotdog vendor is just a coverup for Chronic vendor... :smoke: right .... :confused:

3. I suppose I could deal under the cart too, but I want this to be legal and safe, so customers keep coming back.

4. I became a Ice cream man so I could sell bud, just like Afroman.

5. If you've done your research, you think its what you want to do, and theres possibly good money to be made, then what are you waiting for man? Get out there amd feed your people!

Bet you get to meet people from all walks of life selling hot dogs, and theres a lot to be learnt, surely.

If you do end up taking this route, make sure to get back to us to tell whats up.

Peace.

6. I wonder what the rules are about setting up shop on street corners and stuff. I mean I see a couple around my city, there's probably many more, but I wonder how that process goes.

7. there is a hot dog cart at one of the local beaches but he is only there on fridays idk why he isnt there on the weekends. but he charges like 5 bucks for a hotdog and like 5 bucks for a 20oz pepsi and he can get away with it because the closest store is like 10 miles away from the beach.

i say go for it man. there could be good money. do it out side of a court house or some thing if its gonna be all legal. ppl in jury duty need food to.

8. I think you just need to obtain a license. Its like a special food cart license.

9. Sell gyros to lmao!! Or sell around college campus's

10. man i definitely think you could make a bit of cash with that idea

just don't skimp on quality, and be creative. nobody is going to buy from a hot dog cart that just has hot dogs, mustard, ketchup, you know the regular stuff, and keep coming back. there's millions of other carts like that.

use a quality hot dog, all beef, and get creative with the toppings. i would definitely buy a hot dog from a cart like that

*runs off to make a hot dog*

11. Getting the hot dogs and cart is the easy part, it's the years spent working on the greasy, broken, world-weary look that's difficult.

Would you buy hot dogs from a cart if the guy standing behind it was clean-shaven, polite and looked well-to-do? The answer is fuck no, you'd be afraid of him selling you human flesh or something.

12. sounds like a cool idea bro...better be careful though man..seems like in the movies whenever a crazy shootout brakes out there is always a hot dog stand around :smoking:

13. I'm hungry for hot dogs now...

14. I think you have a very good idea, tbo. And I bet you haven't even looked at the bigger picture yet. You can start with a hot dog stand, low overhead and maintenance equals nice profit. Save as much money as you can, and later on down the road you can upgrade to a small bus and serve a larger variety of sandwiches. By that time, you will have probably already established a decent, loyal clientele, depending on where you set up. Watch the Travel Channel. You can learn a lot about food trucks, and sidewalk sandwich stands. In this economy, people want cheap, fast food. Get creative with a theme, or come up with novelty names for your hot dogs or sandwiches, and that helps attract more people too. I would go for it, man! I think it's a good idea.

15. Gotta be in the right location to succeed.

16. This. There's a guy in my town who has his cart right outside the train station. He claims to make six figures. I don't know if I believe him though. 1 dog is $3 or 2 for $5. Soda/water $1, chips $0.50.

17. I'd go for it bro! You just need to get a permit and a good spot... Who knows? You could make amazing hotdogs and get on a T.V. Show. Just get GREAT toppings to put on them and a nice bun, you're set.