Beaker or Straight?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sNAR, Oct 29, 2012.

1. #1 sNAR, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    I am looking to get a new bong fairly soon and have had a hard time deciding between a beaker or a straight bong. I like to hit bongs while on the couch but also like to take it to friends houses. Here are two I am looking at. Give me some thoughts and opinions. My price range is around $300 http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/smoking-pipes/glass-on-glass-made-in-the-usa/scientific-glass-bongs-usa/liquid-sci-glass-beaker-base-glass-ice-bong-with-10-arm-perc.html#.UI3smMXA_EU http://www.grasscity.com/int_en/liquid-sci-glass-straight-cylinder-glass-ice-bong-with-10-arm-perc.html#.UI3yMcXA_EU

2. beaker man specially if you wanna hit while leaning back that bong in the link would be pretty nice i think id buy it if i had any cash to waste

3. Beaker for sure man. They look scientific as hell and the shape is just generally nice, I reckon. I always toke mine on the couch, the beaker shape just seems to sit really nicely in your lap.

By the way, nice choice of glass man, both of the ones you suggested would be killer :D

4. Straights or reduced straights clear the best by far.

I'm partial to 14-18" 65mm+ base sections with small 38mm'ish reduced necks.

5. I like straights by far. I feel that they hit better. I think they look cooler but it depends on the percs and stuff

6. since you want it with a perc, i recommend str8. I like the way my str8 bongs rip way more than my beaker. less drag.

7. #7 eddiezheadiez, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    Those are way too expensive for what they offer. If you want I can PM the link to a 20" beaker or straight tube with an 8 arm tree perc for about 90 dollars.

edit: wouldn't wanna see you pay 280 PLUS shipping

8. I am not getting on here I am getting it at a headshop. I want to get quality glass too though no cheap ass china glass.

9. I can hit my 18 inch straight tube perfectly while sitting on the couch. A straight tube is more structurally sound then a beaker imo. I have seen the death of many a beaker bottom by simply placing it down to hard.

10. I'd reccommend you to ZOB for the price range you're looking at. Look around on aqua lab tech (google it), who knows what you can find that'll suit you.

11. hmm looks like they got some nice pieces anyone order from this site before seems to good to be true.

12. Look up the sgw waffle perc they're $300 and look at how well this thing works
    Product Review: SGW Waffle Perc Bong - YouTube
    You can get a good American blown standard tube for less than $150 anything more than that for a standard bong is a rip off

13. Straights... Easier to clear. Not as grounded as a beaker but they look better, are less bulky, use less water.

14. In some ways beakers are easier to clean being that the joint is higher up and the extra water keeps it cleaner

15. i personally think beakers look far better then straight

16. Straight! You wont be disappointed! Or just start a collection and catch em all ;)

17. Straight toob dood. Honestly though, I just love watching a tube clear; beakers just aren't the same.

18. ^ hell yeah looks sick as fuck bro hope you enjoy, milk vid when it comes in?

19. Naw, I dont get down like that shorty Im straight