Beach FoToGrAfIaS

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by mrhippo, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Just took these, couple days ago, let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

comments welcomed at wheresmyhippo.com

hope you enjoy, I dont really like the first lighthouse shot, or the surfing one, but oh well.

2. I think the one surfing is dope. But we all have different opinions right? The last one is cool, it kinda creeps me out.

3. Nice shots man! I really enjoy these, the fact that the photos of the lighthouse are black and white really add a nice subtle feel, but I have to say my favorite is actually the one of the plane. It was a great idea to add the vignetting and reduce the midpoint, well done. +rep.

4. Thanks guys. I feel like the first picture, ocracoke lighthouse is dull and boring, the surfing one isnt as sharp as I would like, but the plane and the last lighthouse were exactly what I was shooting for, I appreciate the comments and rep, thanks!

5. Reminds me of the lighthouse from The Ring. Nice though.

6. oNE MORE.....[​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

This one's vignetting really gives off a Holga 120 feel. I'm curious if that's what you used.. I don't think so, the focal length would have been much shorter on a Holga.

8. Nope, but I've used both pinhole and holga, but wasn't very good at the holga. I used a nikon d40 with Nikkor 90-200mm VR Lens

9. These are Amazing! =)

10. Sorry, didnt feel like making a new thread, here is one more shot. Its downtown, slow shutter, feels to busy for me.

[​IMG]

11. I really like the surfing one, but I think it would have been cooler if you could have somehow gotten lower and got more sky in the picture to make it look like he got more air, otherwise amazing dude!

12. again rather than starting a new thread, here is some more....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Those are awesome. I think the one of the random guy is hella funny! and the butterfly and the deer are just amazing!!.....i need to get me a macro lens, or SOMETHING to get close pics like that.....+REP for the awesome pics man.

14. I love the butterfly, plane, and lighthouse ones. But on the deer it looks like you had a fairly low shutterspeed, no? It looks like its got slight motion blur on it, ive got some photos like that. Do you know what your shutter/iso/aperature were?

15. Yeah youre right man, my shiutter was 1/30 I believe, it was the fastest I could get, (I was in really covered, shady woods) That ended up being the clearest shot I could get, those little suckers are really shifty. Regardless, it was the closest I ever was to a deer so thats always cool. Thanks for comments and rep.