be honest: am I loser in your opinion?

Discussion in 'General' started by dickens cider, Jan 27, 2010.

1. First.... Being judgmental is a sure sign of maturity!:p
    Second...... Good posts!
    Third.... everyone is different!
    Fourth..... everyone is wrong to a certain degree while being right to a certain degree at the same time.
    Fifth..... Do what makes you happy and enjoy the snot out of it!
    Sixth.... You're only a loser if you think you're a loser.

I'm almost 27 and will be getting my BS, soon.... finally! It took 1 year off and three major changes, but I'm finally getting into something that I enjoy!(besides tokin).
    So stick with it and enjoy it! If you find yourself stuck, then do something to unstick yourself:) Anything will do this... just something different! ie.... painting, yoga, tennis, chess, or growing:)
    Good luck and Karma bless:)

2. Man your in the same boat as me, but just remember bro these years are what I call "The grinding years." You gotta buckle down and maybe not have as much fun as others, but when it's all said and done you can do all the traveling you want, go where you want, and of course do as you please. Certain things cannot allow you to do that right now, just like me. But until then, I'll grind it out and smoke a doobie with some friends :smoke:

3. You're only a loser if you think you are. Just make yourself a plan and follow it and be proud of who you are ...

4. A 27 year old in college with a job at a fast food joint is a lot better off than a lot of people.

At least you're trying to better your future, and have real goals and ambition.

Far from a loser in my book bro. Keep on keepin on. :wave:

5. This turned out to be a really helpful thread.

I like this place.

6. lol ..@ how semlar completely high-jacked this thread.

@OP

You most definitely are not a loser. You're at least pursuing an education, and are even working at the same time! You're capable, is what you are. Don't give up! And don't let other people's accomplishments discourage your long-term goals. Do it for yourself; you're not in a race with anyone.

7. Doing better than I am.

8. Like a couple of the other people here, I wouldn't call you a loser at all mate. Indecisive more like. Maybe a bit lazy? If you support yourself and are trying to better yourself though then that puts you far from losing in my opinion :p Sounds like you're doin just fine.

9. Definitely lazy.

haha.

Thanks dude.

10. You're only a loser if you think you are.

So yes, right now you are a loser, until you can be a person you are happy with.

11. fuck man... that's depressing. i don't think anybody is a loser because everyone does what they do for a reason. become the next bill gates and get money, fuck bitches.

and OP you're definitely not a loser. who cares if you work with a bunch of high schoolers? you got a job, you're makin your own money. you're in college, so you are going somewhere in life. maybe not right at this moment, but you've got a future ahead of you. hang in there.

12. Nah, I don't think so... and I'm pretty judgemental/critical.

13. Christ dude...go watch fight club or something

14. he's right, especially with the whole "you've tricked yourself into belivng society is a rigged game" thing

there IS alot more to life. When i found a girl and fell in love for the first time, it was like my own personal asteroid killin off all the dinosaurs. I felt all ne emotions I didnt even know I had. I stopped playing videogames everyday a little before I met her, and I've never really picked em up again after her. There's more rewarding things out there. Girls are pretty awsome.

Even after she fucked me over, and after getting over being an emotional bitch, i cleaned myself up, got out there and started meeting new people, working on my social skills and shit. Started smoking and dabbing into some other fun drugs like E, life right now is pretty good. it could be better but im on the right track. i know who i am now and im pretty damn happy about it.

on top of that im pretty cynical, dont belive in an afterlife or that theirs any purose in life, but i still value those nice things that make you all happy and warm, like ma Kimmy.

So thanks, you god damned c*nt. Thanks for waking me up! :wave:

15. Not at all man. Just as bob says:

Don't you look at me so smug
    And say I'm going bad.
    Who are you to judge me
    And the life that I live?
    I know that I'm not perfect
    And that I don't claim to be.
    So before you point your fingers,
    Be sure your hands are clean.

Judge not
    Before you judge yourself.

Ain't for anyone else to tell you how you should live your life. You got a goal which is more than most folks.

Personally I'm 23 and work a shitty full time job , had to move back in with the folks cos I couldn't afford to keep a flat+car+all the rest. Situation sucks but I got a goal which to save up to move. I'm sure some people looking at me right now would say I'm a loser but it's where I've chosen to be to get to where I want to go, ain't for them to judge whether or not my, yours or anyone elses decisions are right or not.

16. Been there, done that. Ever thrown a kid into a locker so hard, (head first), that the recoil caused the locker to open and the kid just sat there for a couple seconds before he was anywhere near coherent to get up and walk away from you? I have.

17. #58 oooohsuper, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    not everyone does everything at the same time. you can't base how fast or slow you go with how everyone else does thing. everyone is different . you said you're self-sufficient, fairly happy, good shape and you're supporting your educational pursuits. i don't think that doesn't make you a loser, but that shouldn't matter. you have to believe in yourself.

i just changed my majour myself so i'll be stuck in undergrad for at least another year, if not a year and a half. i'll be almost 25 by the time i graduate (i started college when i was 18). believe it or not, there's a sizable chunk of people that don't finish college within four years.

18. Hire yo'self a hoe!